ESPYs | Page 3 | The Boneyard

ESPYs

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
The world is a better place with people like Maya. We have been so blessed to witness one of basketballs greatest stars playing in our arena for 4 years. She walked away at the height of her career, already a Hall of Famer, to make a difference, not just in the basketball world, but for all mankind. She is a role model for every human being that know of her, and will forever be one of the most favorite people I have had the privilege of watching grow. Congrats Maya.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
You need to remember that this is personal for Bueckers too. Her younger brother, Drew, is bi-racial.
Yes, I was surprised that when asked where this came from, Paige didn’t mention her step mother. (Of course, they could have an agreement that Paige doesn’t bring her family into the spotlight.)

“Celebrating other people’s success doesn’t diminish yours.” That’s a winning attitude.

Reaction Score
Not sure any college freshman can break Paige's awards,

Reaction Score
Yes, I was surprised that when asked where this came from, Paige didn’t mention her step mother. (Of course, they could have an agreement that Paige doesn’t bring her family into the spotlight.)

“Celebrating other people’s success doesn’t diminish yours.” That’s a winning attitude.
Paige with her father and 2 young brothers and sister.

1626016665549.png

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Wonderful night for Paige and UConn WBB. In life, timing is everything. Yesterday, in front of a national tv audience, Paige was named the Female College Athlete of the Year, and then hit it out of the park with an incredible speech. Tomorrow, she can begin signing endorsement deals under Connecticut’s new NIL law.

Reaction Score

Great quote "Celebrating other's success doesn't diminish yours". Her real life selflessness translates to her on court play...pass first mentality and just as excited or more when a team mate makes a great play. Been watching her since her junior year in high school and she has never changed...even with all her success. Cudos to her parents and those around her.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
For these things they normally don't waste the time of the losing candidates by inviting them out. She almost certainly won.
Um, at least 2 of the other 3 nominees were there...

Reaction Score
She gets a lot of media coverage because she is special. Her best friend has already gotten a ton of media coverage before ever playing a minute in college for the same reason, and she's not white.
The fact that Azzi is lucky enough to receive the media she deserves does not change the fact that MOST black women (players) don’t. What an irresponsible and tone deaf comment.

Reaction Score

Paige is genuine and a beautiful person. She deserves everything she gets.

Reaction Score

I genuinely think she didn’t bring it up because she didn’t want to make it about herself. Also could have just been the fact she was nervous, a kid and wasn’t able to prepare for the questions before

Reaction Score
The fact that Azzi is lucky enough to receive the media she deserves does not change the fact that MOST black women (players) don’t. What an irresponsible and tone deaf comment.
And most white players get little or no attention from the media. The media responds to what the advertisers want. They pay the bills. But try and say that corporate America is biased and they will crucify you in the media that they own.

Personally I applaud anyone who stands up for something. I worked for causes when I was in school. I wish them well. I no longer have faith in causes except for personal ones, like Moore's.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom