espnW's All-WNBA first and second teams | Page 2 | The Boneyard

espnW's All-WNBA first and second teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't think people are looking at what Toliver really has done this year, and really what Agler has done with Toliver. I'm not even sure why Mechelle talked strictly about her three-point shooting, but her becoming a point guard and facilitator on offense and not just a shooter has been a huge part of LA's success. Agler even made a point of bringing it up to me when he was on the podcast recently.

Reaction Score
The other thing in Voepel's list that annoys me is her glib reasoning that (paraphrasing) "Stewie probably deserves First Team, but since she's a rookie, she can wait her turn." Ugh. What is this, the union seniority list? You either deserve it or you don't. If the decisive criterion is that the floor positions on First Team need to be balanced (and hence the selection of a PG in Bird), fine. But it's stupid to have two different standards for rookies and non-rookies.
That is age discrimination ....LOL

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I don't think people are looking at what Toliver really has done this year, and really what Agler has done with Toliver. I'm not even sure why Mechelle talked strictly about her three-point shooting, but her becoming a point guard and facilitator on offense and not just a shooter has been a huge part of LA's success. Agler even made a point of bringing it up to me when he was on the podcast recently.
But as a PG I would take Whalen, Vandersloot, January, and Jefferson over Toliver. So the only reason to select Toliver is for her shooting and scoring. And as a 'facilitator' and scorer, I would add DT to that list.

The only thing that really distinguishes Toliver in my mind is is her shooting percentage which is good though not 'great' and it is 8% worse than Whalen's.

Reaction Score
But as a PG I would take Whalen, Vandersloot, January, and Jefferson over Toliver. So the only reason to select Toliver is for her shooting and scoring. And as a 'facilitator' and scorer, I would still take DT over Toliver even though she is having a down year.

You think all of them had better year than Toliver? Okay then, she's not your choice.

Reaction Score
You think all of them had better year than Toliver? Okay then, she's not your choice.
Its supposed to be for the complete year, and recently she has been terrible, part of the reason for the Sparks almost total collapse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom