19. Arizona
20. Arkansas
21. DePaul
22. Drake
23. Michigan
24. Indiana
25. Tennessee

Reaction Score
I would say this is pretty accurate based on what we know about the teams right now. No one can predict injuries of course and we still have no answer if Westbrook will be eligible now or later. There always seems to be at least something unexpected during a season but I would say this list is pretty close. ND has a LOT of work to do and it may take time for them to gel. Still I wouldn't bet against the Irish.

MSU needs a healthy Promise Taylor and it doesn't sound as though she is ready to go yet.

Reaction Score
Having Notre Dame below teams like NC St, Kentucky, and Texas seems a little overly brutal. I think I’d bump them up at least a little bit. I know Minnesota pretty well. I’m not understanding the hype. It’d be nice if the season would play out this way, but I think they should be at least 5 spots lower.

Reaction Score
Will be interesting to me how the Boneyard TOP 25 has Texas A&M, Maryland, ND, and Tennessee ranked.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
As much as I don't like polls before the voters even know the makeup of teams and especially before the teams have actually played against a worthy opponent, I have always thought that unless the current National Champions have lost the majority of the players responsible for their championship, they should be the preseason Number 1 team! And seeing how the defending NCs are voted at Number 2...the 2020 NC is their's to lose on the court. (Which I believe that they will, but...)
I also felt this way after we lost the Big 3 to graduation, even though we lost the majority of the players responsible for the NC. We still had Geno.
Just my 2 cents on a boring Monday in October.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Having Notre Dame below teams like NC St, Kentucky, and Texas seems a little overly brutal. I think I’d bump them up at least a little bit. I know Minnesota pretty well. I’m not understanding the hype. It’d be nice if the season would play out this way, but I think they should be at least 5 spots lower.
People with informed and/or strong opinions are encouraged to vote for the Preseason Boneyard Top 25 :)

Reaction Score
Wonder why Rebecca and Kara do not partake in these early pre-season poll. With all the "ifs" UConn has to their name, surprised they still hold the #3 spot. The only conclusion I take from it...they're not betting against Geno.

Reaction Score
I think Tennessee will be a lot better than 25th, but I also won’t hold my breath.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Liar.
You mean: I hope Quinton HIllsman does see this poll

How could he? He is too busy designing offensive and defensive strategies
Oh, never mind. :oops::oops::oops: ;););)

Reaction Score
I can't remember the last time there is no SEC & ACC team in the top 6? ND was always top 5 since joining the ACC and Maryland, NC, & Duke before that. One of Tennessee, LSU, South Carolina,and Mississippi, State have been repping SEC in the top 5. Still 5 of 15 ACC teams and 5 of the 14 SEC teams are ranked top 20. The PAC12 also has 5 of their 12 teams ranked top 20 with the Big 12 only having two lead by #2 Baylor and Big 10 having 2 top 20 teams lead by #5 Maryland. UConn at #3 is the only non-Power 5 school in the top 20., but next year I'd say with UConn in the Big East will allow that conference to compete with the other 5.

Still living in Oregon, the Pac12 love is pretty cool. #1 Oregon, #4 Stanford, & #6 Oregon State will get few challenges until conference play. The Ducks preseason schedule play only 1 ranked team-#7 Louisville at the Paradise Jam in the Virgin Isles pre-conference, but they do go to Storrs to play UConn Feb 3 for a Big Monday ESPN game. Stanford plays #15 Texas in Austin and a surprisingly #25 ranked Tennessee at home December 18. The Beavers go on the road to play #18 Miami November 29, but they could also play #21 Depaul and #9 Texas A&M in the preseason WNIT.

If those top PAC12 teams only lose to each other that may stick over the season with their top 6 rankings. Still early on, all 3 of those teams get November home exhibition games against Sue Bird, Diana Taurasi, and Napheesa Collier and the rest of the US National Team which might make an impression on voters depending on results. I personally have tickets for the game in Corvallis November 4 and Eugene against #1 Oregon on November 9. Can't wait.

Reaction Score
A couple of understated issues with the top teams: I'll skip all UConn's ?'s because they have been rehashed elsewhere extensively.

Both Oregon and Baylor are replacing their pg's. I don't know anything about Moore except that she played for USC. And I remember that Sadie Edwards started for USC. And just because Mulky hit a jackpot with Jackson is no reason to assume Cooper will do the same. Cooper is talented but she comes with baggage as this is school #3.

Baylor may have a wealth of size depth but that depth's experience in big games is limited to one player. This isn't a Dolson/Stewart/Stokes situation, at least not at this point. And Cox will be facing different defenders this season as she will surely draw several defenders that guarded Brown last season.

Neither team is coming into this season stronger than last.

The way I see it UConn starts the year a step or 2 behind both Oregon and Baylor but UConn has more upside going into the season, and a better history.

Reaction Score
A couple of understated issues with the top teams: I'll skip all UConn's ?'s because they have been rehashed elsewhere extensively.

Both Oregon and Baylor are replacing their pg's. I don't know anything about Moore except that she played for USC. And I remember that Sadie Edwards started for USC. And just because Mulky hit a jackpot with Jackson is no reason to assume Cooper will do the same. Cooper is talented but she comes with baggage as this is school #3.

Baylor may have a wealth of size depth but that depth's experience in big games is limited to one player. This isn't a Dolson/Stewart/Stokes situation, at least not at this point. And Cox will be facing different defenders this season as she will surely draw several defenders that guarded Brown last season.

Neither team is coming into this season stronger than last.

The way I see it UConn starts the year a step or 2 behind both Oregon and Baylor but UConn has more upside going into the season, and a better history.
"The way I see it UConn starts the year a step or 2 behind both Oregon and Baylor but UConn has more upside going into the season, and a better history." Couldn't agree more. By the way, don't be surprised if NC State wins the ACC, and makes it as far as the Final Eight, or further- Wes Moore gets the most out of his talent.

Reaction Score
"The way I see it UConn starts the year a step or 2 behind both Oregon and Baylor but UConn has more upside going into the season, and a better history." Couldn't agree more. By the way, don't be surprised if NC State wins the ACC, and makes it as far as the Final Eight, or further- Wes Moore gets the most out of his talent.

I will be rooting for them. I don't know how they look this season. Didn't they have injury(s) last year?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I can't remember the last time there is no SEC & ACC team in the top 6? ND was always top 5 since joining the ACC and Maryland, NC, & Duke before that. One of Tennessee, LSU, South Carolina,and Mississippi, State have been repping SEC in the top 5. Still 5 of 15 ACC teams and 5 of the 14 SEC teams are ranked top 20. The PAC12 also has 5 of their 12 teams ranked top 20 with the Big 12 only having two lead by #2 Baylor and Big 10 having 2 top 20 teams lead by #5 Maryland. UConn at #3 is the only non-Power 5 school in the top 20., but next year I'd say with UConn in the Big East will allow that conference to compete with the other 5.

Still living in Oregon, the Pac12 love is pretty cool. #1 Oregon, #4 Stanford, & #6 Oregon State will get few challenges until conference play. The Ducks preseason schedule play only 1 ranked team-#7 Louisville at the Paradise Jam in the Virgin Isles pre-conference, but they do go to Storrs to play UConn Feb 3 for a Big Monday ESPN game. Stanford plays #15 Texas in Austin and a surprisingly #25 ranked Tennessee at home December 18. The Beavers go on the road to play #18 Miami November 29, but they could also play #21 Depaul and #9 Texas A&M in the preseason WNIT.

If those top PAC12 teams only lose to each other that may stick over the season with their top 6 rankings. Still early on, all 3 of those teams get November home exhibition games against Sue Bird, Diana Taurasi, and Napheesa Collier and the rest of the US National Team which might make an impression on voters depending on results. I personally have tickets for the game in Corvallis November 4 and Eugene against #1 Oregon on November 9. Can't wait.
The power shift from the Southeast to the Northwest is interesting. Both the Ducks and Beavers made good hires.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
As much as I don't like polls before the voters even know the makeup of teams and especially before the teams have actually played against a worthy opponent, I have always thought that unless the current National Champions have lost the majority of the players responsible for their championship, they should be the preseason Number 1 team!

I agree. Oregon brings a lot back, but so does Baylor. I think Oregon may miss Cazorla more than people think, and Baylor may miss Brown less than people think.

I'll also echo some others that Notre Dame is ranked too low. However you feel about Coach McGraw, she'll have her team prepared, and they will show up. I seriously doubt they'll be in the Final Four, but they will be top ten.

Reaction Score
I will be rooting for them. I don't know how they look this season. Didn't they have injury(s) last year?
Yep - despite season-ending injuries to 4 players, they finished with 28 wins, and a trip to the Sweet 16. This year, they'll be even better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom