espnW --The 10 best women's basketball recruits regardless of class | The Boneyard

espnW --The 10 best women's basketball recruits regardless of class

Reaction Score

1. Paige Bueckers
5-11 PG, Hopkins High School (MN)
2020 espnW HoopGurlz ranking: 1

Bueckers, the Gatorade National Girls Basketball Player of the Year, is the ultimate playmaker. The future UConn Husky is simply outstanding, helping her Hopkins High School team to an undefeated record and No. 1 ranking in the espnW 25 Power Rankings.

I first watched her play when she was an eighth grader for her high school team. She came off the bench to drain six or seven 3-pointers. She's a skilled guard and is a capable scorer as an off-guard. More importantly, she has the ability to make her teammates better. She averaged 21.4 points and 9.4 assists per game. Many people, including Geno Auriemma, have said she possesses a special intangible that can make her one of the greatest. It's easy to see why.

Player comparison: Diana Taurasi

Reaction Score
I noticed 2022 commit Isuneh Brady was bumped up to #2 (from #3) in the updated rankings.

Screenshot 2020-04-22 at 11.34.48 AM.png

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Me neither & if I Lauren Betts I demanding a retraction-don't nobody want to be compared to Mercedes Russell! That Aalyah Del Rosario looks promising.
Mercedes Russell before she got all that wonderful coaching at Tennessee. Last season in the WNBA she looked as if she may reach her potential. I heard she was the number one recruit in her high class. If so, that should be considered a compliment.:)

Reaction Score
Me neither & if I Lauren Betts I demanding a retraction-don't nobody want to be compared to Mercedes Russell! That Aalyah Del Rosario looks promising.
I concur, the only aspect I would want to be compared to Russell in is maybe height. I don’t know much about Del Rosario but if she really is a good comparison to Tina Charles I’d want her. There has not been many bang-in-the-paint, imposing big like Tina out there.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Mercedes Russell before she got all that wonderful coaching at Tennessee. Last season in the WNBA she looked as if she may reach her potential. I heard she was the number one recruit in her high class. If so, that should be considered a compliment.:)

Betts physically is very similar to Russell in height, frame and mobility. With better coaching she could develop into a much better collegiate player than Russell was. 6-7 coordinated girls with solid frames don't grow on trees.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
Keep in mind, the WNBA player comparison is comparing playing style rather than potential. Otherwise players compared to Tina Charles/Diamond Deshields would surely be ahead of one compared to Brooke McCarty.

Reaction Score
Rivers stats are ridiculous! Her two-way ability will be a blessing for whoever lands her. I wonder why ESPN continues to exclude SC from her list of schools? She’s definitely still considering SC.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Rivers stats are ridiculous! Her two-way ability will be a blessing for whoever lands her. I wonder why ESPN continues to exclude SC from her list of schools? She’s definitely still considering SC.
:eek: I think ESPN is just being pragmatic by listing UCONN first and excluding SC because her list of schools is so long. :D:D:D:D!

Last edited:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
That's what you think!:p

Reaction Score
:eek: I think ESPN is just be pragmatic by listing UCONN first and excluding SC because her list of schools is so long. :D:D:D:D!

I thought UConn was all in On Fudd :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I wonder if there might be a school out there that would give Tim Fudd an assistant job to land her..wonder which school has done such a shocking thing in the past..

bballnut90

Reaction Score
Far more questionable is stating that Fudd would be #1 had she remained healthy while comparing her to Durr and Bueckers to Taurasi.

The comparisons are about style of play, not potential.

Reaction Score
Far more questionable is stating that Fudd would be #1 had she remained healthy while comparing her to Durr and Bueckers to Taurasi.
yea I saw that — Bueckers in my opinion is the closest I’ve seen to her (Dee) down to the mannerisms and everything. I haven’t seen anything like Fudd, it’s hard to compare her to anyone. She is the first I’ve seen like her, she does not miss. She’s automatic!

bballnut90

Reaction Score
We take a crack at breaking down the top 10 regardless of class and offering a player comparison for each of them, taking their age, class and potential all into consideration.

I may be interpreting that statement differently than you, but I think that means the age/class/potential is a product of the top 10 player ranking, not a direct reflection of player comparison. Otherwise why on earth would the next Tina Charles be ranked 5 spots below the next Brooke McCarty.

Reaction Score
Some reason Fudd reminded me of Ray Allen when I saw Fudd sinking those jumpers for the first time. Just so smooth and floating so lightly!

It seems little odd to say Fudd is the next big thing since BS after saying PB could be one of the greatest.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Azzi is Azzi but is this maybe a bit disrespectful to Paige?? Paige did improve dramatically in many areas.

The only reason Fudd, the 2019 Gatorade National Girls Basketball Player of the Year, isn't No. 1 is because she missed most of this past season due to an injury.

Reaction Score
Would someone be kind enough to list these ten players. For the life of me I can't get the ESPNW site to open !! Many thanks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom