ESPNW Pre-Season Player of the Year | The Boneyard

ESPNW Pre-Season Player of the Year

Reaction Score
I think this was a safe pick. It’s a stats driven award. Her and Durr May end up with the most impressive stats. Lou & Pheesa are undoubtably the best duo but will probably end up hurting each other’s chances. Then again they may both end up averaging 23+ppg & split National POY awards like Tina & Maya did in 2010.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I think this was a safe pick. It’s a stats driven award. Her and Durr May end up with the most impressive stats. Lou & Pheesa are undoubtably the best duo but will probably end up hurting each other’s chances. Then again they may both end up averaging 23+ppg & split National POY awards like Tina & Maya did in 2010.
If like 2010, UCONN ends ups with a NC, I'm fine with them splitting the awards. :D

Reaction Score
I wish they (in this case ESPNW... as well as the other Award Organizations) wouldn't do these "pre-season" picks.... There is no actual award presented in Pre-Season... just their prediction of who might win. I wish...(although I know it's never going to happen), they would just say... Here are the 5 or 10 players who we think will be in the running for our POY Award come the end of the Season...call it a "watch list" (hmmm sounds familiar)....no numerical ranking, no "anointing" of the honoree before the first jump ball has been tossed up. Let the players play, then let the voters vote based on what they have seen the players do over the course of the season....i.e. in Late March!

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I think it will be that ND guard who hits clutch shots like they were money. Jackie something...with an O
I believe you are thinking about two different people.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Sabrina broke the career record for triple-doubles in less than 2 seasons. In addition, she is really good, and her team has become elite. She's a reasonable pick. However, I look for Lou to have a MONSTER season. Plus, Pheesa is really good as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom