espnW :Geno Auriemma Says To Temper Expectations, But We Know Better | Page 2 | The Boneyard

espnW :Geno Auriemma Says To Temper Expectations, But We Know Better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
This is the best team for the "Puppet Master", because he will really get to work his magic. Husky Nation, Geno Auriemma; Chris Dailey; Shae Ralph and Marisa Moseley going pull some tricks out of the bag, and we as UConn fans will be talking for days :).

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
BV, your "crystal balls are out at the cleaners"? I thought you sounded a little shrill today . . .

I got mine out last week (a pair & a spare). All 3 were perfectly synchronized and calibrated to the manufacture's specifications. I've got all my "aides" (tea leaves, rabbit's feet (all four), 8 ball, tarot cards, and said crystal balls) laid out and ready. I'm ready to go. Let's do this! :cool:

Reaction Score
With this tough early schedule (plus SC), 3 or even 4 losses would not surprise me. IMHO it would all be in the "learning and finding our starting 5 mode." Clearly it looks like the top 8 teams are very good and any of that group could win it all. As Muffett says, "Parity." Maybe UCLA could be slipped into the top pack, however IMO the level of competition falls off dramatically after the top 8. IMO, UConn makes the Regional Finals. Who knows from there? With Geno and the winning culture, I do know that NO TEAM will want to play UConn in that Regional Final.
Extremely well put PhillyCoach.

I'm probably a little more optimistic. I agree that any of the eight could win it all, but I think UConn is as good as any in the bunch. Everyone wants to make the point that you can't lose the top 3 players in the WNBA draft without seeing a dramatic impact on your team. Tell me something I don't know. So, yeah this year's UConn team will be dramtically inferior to last year's. AS WILL THE REST OF WCBB!

I am really, really looking forward to the season. We're vulnerable to injuries and need Butler to contribute but I like our chances as much as anyone's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS
Top Bottom