ESPN's predictions for Final Four and National Championship | The Boneyard

ESPN's predictions for Final Four and National Championship

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Here we go folks. Some initial predictions as we start the season today.
1699281566999.png

Reaction Score
Not surprisingly shocked. Vopel has always hated UConn and GENO. Her opinion means nothing!! If UConn stays healthy they will win #12. I’m not soled on LSU!!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
There is like 5 NPOY awards. (Naismith, Wade, Wooden, AP and USBWA) If UCONN runs the table and wins a NC, I could see Bueckers and Clark splitting the awards.

(assuming they both have injury free, outstanding years)

Reaction Score
Diana won player of the year with a relatively modest PPG average.
But over who? (Not a rhetorical question, I don't actually know). Perfectly possible to win without tons of points, but not so easy over a player as spectacular as Clark. (To be clear, I think Paige is better, but she's less important to UConn than Clark is to Iowa.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
But over who? (Not a rhetorical question, I don't actually know). Perfectly possible to win without tons of points, but not so easy over a player as spectacular as Clark. (To be clear, I think Paige is better, but she's less important to UConn than Clark is to Iowa.

Alana Beard of Duke.

Reaction Score
To be clear, I think Paige is better, but she's less important to UConn than Clark is to Iowa.
I think the last two seasons have demonstrated how absolutely important Paige really is to UConn. With her in the lineup we are a contender, without her not.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I think the last two seasons have demonstrated how absolutely important Paige really is to UConn. With her in the lineup we are a contender, without her not.
What do you think Iowa would be without Clark? Last year's runner up, probably a 1 and done team without her.

Reaction Score
Never want to overreact to the first game of the season, but I wonder if any of the “experts” would reconsider their predictions after seeing SC demolish ND. That team has a lot of talent and athleticism! Looked like a FF team to me and Cardoso and that freshman guard could be special!

Reaction Score
I think the speculation on the demise of South Carolina's shot at the Final Four are a bit premature, to say the least. They also won their exhibition against Rutgers by 40 points or so.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I can't find it right now, but I seem to remember that Iowa was #3 or 4 in ESPN's own preseason poll. Yet of these four writers, who all voted in that, none has Iowa making the final 4. SMH.

My own dirty lens, I'd lean toward Indiana making the final 4. But honestly I think these folks are correct that UConn and LSU are odds-on to make the Final 4; beyond that it's a crap shoot. If I had to guess, I'd have South Carolina as the final team, but right now any of Iowa, VaTech, UCLA, maybe Iowa.

Reaction Score
I think the speculation on the demise of South Carolina's shot at the Final Four are a bit premature, to say the least. They also won their exhibition against Rutgers by 40 points or so.

I’d be shocked if they didn’t make the final 4

Reaction Score
What do you think Iowa would be without Clark? Last year's runner up, probably a 1 and done team without her.
Were you expecting me to disagree with this sentiment? I merely said Paige was absolutely important to UConn.

Reaction Score
UConn and LSU are odds-on to make the Final 4;
I don't agree with this. LSU strikes me as a long shot for the final four. SC UConn VPI Utah IU, even ND and UCLA, all look like more likely Final Four teams to me. In my view, if Reese has to play the 5, which she didn't have to do last season, they become a small team. On the other hand, if they rely on Rosario to play the 5, Reese will have better stats but they will be a slow team.

Reaction Score
Never want to overreact to the first game of the season, but I wonder if any of the “experts” would reconsider their predictions after seeing SC demolish ND. That team has a lot of talent and athleticism! Looked like a FF team to me and Cardoso and that freshman guard could be special!
I agree--Maylasia Fulwiley, IMO, is just as impressive as Juju Watkins and along with PaoPao and other incoming players, SC is the most formidable team in WBB. Their depth in the frontcourt is unbelievable Don't know why the experts are not considering SC!

Reaction Score
I think perhaps some perceptions in this thread changed a little after the USC-ND game. Maybe they will change again after the LSU-Colorado game later tonight??? Or, maybe not........... :oops:

Reaction Score
I agree--Maylasia Fulwiley, IMO, is just as impressive as Juju Watkins and along with PaoPao and other incoming players, SC is the most formidable team in WBB. Their depth in the frontcourt is unbelievable Don't know why the experts are not considering SC!
I’m not sold yet that SCar is the most formidable team in WBB based on just the first game of the season.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
LSU is playing later this evening. I'll try to catch a little of their game. Based on what I saw of SC this afternoon, I think the Gamecocks may well be the better team. I guess Tennessee is playing for 3rd place in the SEC this season--maybe.

Reaction Score
I’m not sold yet that SCar is the most formidable team in WBB based on just the first game of the season.
Actually, my assessment was made before their win over Notre Dame...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom