ESPN's Motives | The Boneyard

ESPN's Motives

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Obviously, grand scheme, motive is money. Got it.

I mean with all the conspiracy theories floating that ESPN has some vendetta specifically against UConn. Can someone explain the rationale on that to me? That ESPN has orchestrated all these kicks to the balls as the conference realignment world has turned? I just don't see what they gain by singling out us for destruction.

I'm not saying they aren't without involvement - I know the quotes from Flipper. Just that many folks seem to be making this a personal, targeted attack on UConn and I'd like to know : why?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
They have all the football product that they want (give or take). Now, after signing the C-7 (which I'm sure will happen), they will also have all the basketball they want. The majority of the top assets of the BE Basketball are protected in the ACC now, and the rest will be separated from football and be had very cheaply. I'm sure ESPN is trying to do the calculus to figure out how to get UConn back under its umbrella, so I fully expect to hear some ACC buzz around us again in the next 6 months or so (assuming the C-7 doesn't add us and Cincy with them). But other than that, they have acquired all the assets they desired....and at a bargain price...

(*also, it doesn't hurt that NBCSports and others will still be hurting for content again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom
Top Bottom