ESPN's latest WNBA Mock Draft has Evina going #12 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

ESPN's latest WNBA Mock Draft has Evina going #12

Reaction Score
She could leave, but I’m not sure if it makes sense. Realistically, I think it will be an uphill battle for her to make a WNBA roster. This class is weak, but I think a lot of players have started separating themselves from others. To me, being projected at #12 indicates she is in that tier of players that hasn’t quite done so. You can argue for several players projected after her to be in that spot as well.

She could learn from Megan Walker’s experience. Of course she had to deal with Covid, but the Liberty essentially moved on from her after one season of not getting a chance to fully heal, learn and improve. It’ll be interesting.

Last edited:

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
Why would a team draft a guard in the first round that is less than 100% physically and may never be? Evina has proven to be a fabulous leader and teammate. If the stories are true about her knees, I would pass if I was GM.

Reaction Score
Westbrook has no chance of getting drafted or making a WNBA roster. Same thing for Liv next year.
No spitting match here at all just my take on your take. ;)
For Westbrook, injury history may come into play as there are fewer teams and more quality players coming out each year. I wish her the best here or if moving on.
As for Liv I will reserve my judgement and question yours with this season to conclude and another remaining. How can one other than a say seer predicted what you do here?

Liv has shown improvement all season in a terribly disjointed season. We can only hope next season is something that resembles normal. With AE on board Liv is playing the high post more than ever and making it work. This and showing a couple of new low post moves in her last game. Not sure of your ability to see her value a year and a half from now at all. In politeness I will not add that head banging thing you deserve on this one. :)

Reaction Score
For Westbrook, injury history may come into play as there are fewer teams and more quality players coming out each year. I wish her the best here or if moving on.
As for Liv I will reserve my judgement and question yours with this season to conclude and another remaining. How can one other than a say seer predicted what you do here?

Liv has shown improvement all season in a terribly disjointed season. We can only hope next season is something that resembles normal. With AE on board Liv is playing the high post more than ever and making it work. This and showing a couple of new low post moves in her last game. Not sure of your ability to see her value a year and a half from now at all. In politeness I will not add that head banging thing you deserve on this one. :)
Agreed. Especially about more quality players coming out each year. The depth of the women's game is growing and its increasingly harder to make a WNBA roster. If the league had more popularity, they'd definitely be in a place to consider expansion, talent wise. For Westbrook, I think it comes down to the outcome of this season. If we win the NC, I think her moving on would be a great choice for her.

For Liv, her biggest asset is that you can't teach height. I sometimes think about how pedestrian she looked against Lauren Cox, and then how pedestrian Cox has looked in the WNBA. But we will she how much she improves with her remaining time at Uconn. I predict she will make a roster, but not sure she'll make much impact.

Reaction Score
Given recent trends of leaving early, I can see E opting out.

Bad for us in my opinion as we are not only a young team but lacking clearly defined "been-there-done-that" leaders.

Neither CW nor ONO appear to have that leadership personality that the team needs from upper classmen.

Paige & Nika clearly do, maybe other under-classmen as well - but I think we need Evina for more reasons than her play alone.

Hope she stays.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
As usual, my views are to the contrary of the majority..
I think its likely that E will stay.

Clearly, the diminishment of her offensive accomplishment, this month, has to do with
physical discomfort...and will effect her value in the W.

A summer of (free) physical therapy, might be just what the doctor ordered to
get her into the best possible shape resulting in a much greater value in the draft;
and more importantly, the likelihood of her actual sticking on a roster.
And she can have an additional season to showcase her offensive prowess.
While your glass is half full, her knees are half empty. There is no cure for her knee problems, only rest and treatment can make them feel better. Yes she may stay and if she does a big plus for all involved. I don't envy her situation, however she seems to be a very mature young woman who will do what's right for her.

Reaction Score
They will both be top 5 picks in the draft.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I think everything comes down to Evina's injury and if a team thinks she can be healthy enough.

She has played 4 positions on the number 1 ranked team. She has two solid offensive fundamental skills. She's just not a 3pt shooter. If her knee can hold up - she may not have to be.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom