ESPN's Charlie Creme predictions.... | The Boneyard

ESPN's Charlie Creme predictions....

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Final Four would be awesome. Yet he also ranked UConn a three seed.
The selection committee placed UConn as a 3 seed. Charlie's "predictions" ov er gthe course of the season have no bearing on the selection committee. It was also the selection committee that place UConn in the Portland region.

Reaction Score
Final Four would be awesome. Yet he also ranked UConn a three seed.
As a fan of the Huskies, I respect your opinion, but I believe a 3-seed for them is correct. Why? Because they didn’t really perform excellently in the five games they lost, and they Big East Conference isn’t that strong. I didn’t expect them to win all five, but there are at least three that could’ve been in the win column. However, that regular season is in the past, and every team in the selected 68 is starting from scratch with a record of 0-0.
As for the assigned regional site, it may not seem fair to many of us, but maybe the Selection Committee thought UConn didn’t really earn the right to play in Albany. Or they might have thought that UConn will draw a large crowd no matter where they play, amongst other factors.
At this point in the season, I am just glad to see the available players healthy and playing with a sense of purpose. They do know what time it is — win and move on, or lose and go home.
Go Huskies! Go UConn!

Reaction Score
As a fan of the Huskies, I respect your opinion, but I believe a 3-seed for them is correct. Why? Because they didn’t really perform excellently in the five games they lost, and they Big East Conference isn’t that strong. I didn’t expect them to win all five, but there are at least three that could’ve been in the win column. However, that regular season is in the past, and every team in the selected 68 is starting from scratch with a record of 0-0.
As for the assigned regional site, it may not seem fair to many of us, but maybe the Selection Committee thought UConn didn’t really earn the right to play in Albany. Or they might have thought that UConn will draw a large crowd no matter where they play, amongst other factors.
At this point in the season, I am just glad to see the available players healthy and playing with a sense of purpose. They do know what time it is — win and move on, or lose and go home.
Go Huskies! Go UConn!
I don't think too many of us are arguing the three seed for the Huskies. But Charlie's been know to have some questionable seeding choices in his bracket - his is strictly for entertainment purposes. What I get absolutely sick of is that no matter what conference UConn is in during the regular season, it never seems to be good enough. That's not the fault of the Huskies. That is why Geno schedules the OOC so tough. This year it didn't pay off.

What's killing UConn is Football. College football and the way it will break up conferences will tear apart basketball for both the men and the women. It's a disgrace.

Reaction Score
I don't know why anyone would take him seriously. His predictions have nothing to do with what the committee decides. My predictions hold the same weight as his

Reaction Score
People don’t actually fill out brackets like this - all first rounds, top to bottom, then all seconds, then…

If they’re going to do this on video, I wish they would just be normal. Finish a region, then go on the next.

Reaction Score
I don't think too many of us are arguing the three seed for the Huskies. But Charlie's been know to have some questionable seeding choices in his bracket - his is strictly for entertainment purposes. What I get absolutely sick of is that no matter what conference UConn is in during the regular season, it never seems to be good enough. That's not the fault of the Huskies. That is why Geno schedules the OOC so tough. This year it didn't pay off.

What's killing UConn is Football. College football and the way it will break up conferences will tear apart basketball for both the men and the women. It's a disgrace.
Good points, GoUconn... I'll add that, while we're all about women's college basketball here, we shouldn't ever forget the countless thousands of collegiate athletes who play all the other sports. They're paying the price just as much, if not more, for the upheaval, too, and in mostly media obscurity.

Reaction Score
Good points, GoUconn... I'll add that, while we're all about women's college basketball here, we shouldn't ever forget the countless thousands of collegiate athletes who play all the other sports. They're paying the price just as much, if not more, for the upheaval, too, and in mostly media obscurity.
I mean, we all know its all about the $$$$$$

What sport brings in the most $$$$$$$$$$? Football, it's not even close.

So, how are conferences aligned? Around football, because of the $$$$$$$$$$

All other sports, for the most part, are collateral damage. In fact, most other sports lose money if I'm not mistaken. Not sure how UConn falls into that with Men's and Women's basketball, but probably better than most schools.

Reaction Score
Not enough upsets in CC’s bracket. Who’s going to fall sooner than he thinks? UCLA and Stanford are my guesses. And if we actually see a UConn-Iowa game in the final four, you know how I think that game will go… pretty much the same as it’s always gone.

Reaction Score
People don’t actually fill out brackets like this - all first rounds, top to bottom, then all seconds, then…
Actually some people do start by filling in the Elite Eight or Final Four, then work backwards. The first couple of rounds are the least predictable, whereas the Sweet 16 and after tend to be heavily populated by the favorites.

Reaction Score
The key to breaking Ohio States press is who ever gets the ball first for UCONN, just take it and go hard, no passing. Nika figured it out in the 2nd half and and didnt have a problem with it after that.
First half . Azzi had issues with the press she would let the double team get to her and at times seemed like the game was too fast for her ….

Reaction Score
First half . Azzi had issues with the press she would let the double team get to her and at times seemed like the game was too fast for her ….
I always thought Azzi was a passive/tentative ball handler. Going forward I doubt she'll be doing it all that much.

Reaction Score
I came across this on youtube this evening.... I found it pretty interesting...

Charlie Creme breaks down his 2024 women's NCAA tournament bracket pick-by-pick...

I'd be thrilled if UConn made it to the Final Four with their seriously undermanned team.............just sets them up for total domination and a National Championship next season....

Reactions: adc

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'd be thrilled if UConn made it to the Final Four with their seriously undermanned team.............just sets them up for total domination and a National Championship next season....
If, BIG IF, they can get healthy.

Reaction Score
I’m not sure we will make it to the final four as I am afraid we just don’t have enough players. I am concerned that foul trouble or injury will raise it’s ugly head and finally derail this train. However, if ( and it’s a big if) we somehow make it to the FF, I think we will win it all! No way we lose again to UCLA or South Carolina If we are healthy! I am concerned about the officiating but…..what can you do? Go Huskies!!!:)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom