ESPNN | The Boneyard

ESPNN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It looks like the game is on ESPN News?? WTF? I don't get it. It's not on ESPN3. Anyway to get ESPNN online?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure all of the ESPN Stations are available- including News - on ESPN3 (or WatchESPN).

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It looks like the game is on ESPN News?? WTF? I don't get it. It's not on ESPN3. Anyway to get ESPNN online?

You sure you don't get it? Did you check you SD stations?

You can watch ESPN news on the watch ESPN app all the time.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure all of the ESPN Stations are available- including News - on ESPN3 (or WatchESPN).

Temple game was also on ESPN News and not available on ESPN3. I had to upgrade my cable package to get ESPN News down here in Florida so I could see the game. I couldn't get it online.

Reaction Score
I thought everyone got ESPN News. Usually, it is on some obscure channel number though.

Reaction Score
I thought everyone got ESPN News. Usually, it is on some obscure channel number though.

It wasn't included in my basic Comcast/xfinity package. Had to upgrade to the sports package.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I checked my TV a few days ago and I don't get it on my TV lineup. But when I logged into my Comcast/Xfinity account, I could watch it online. Also discovered I can watch BTN and SECN too!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Temple game was also on ESPN News and not available on ESPN3. I had to upgrade my cable package to get ESPN News down here in Florida so I could see the game. I couldn't get it online.
I see you are in Florida, so this is in no way meant to be snarky, but I wouldn't know about televising the Temple game because I was there. I do recall some people complaining that either ESPN or ABC Screwed up and put the same game on both channels.

My HD package has ESPNNEWS so I I'm covered. In fact I may have to DVR it. My wife wants to take our son to the Portland Fair tomorrow after his nap (provided it's not raining).

Reaction Score
The game will be available on ESPN3, according to the ESPN3 website:

UCONN VS. TULANE AT 8 P.M. SATURDAY
OK..Not so sure. It lists a lot of games on ESPN 3, ESPNN, SEC ESPN Network, Longhorn Network. UConn has the ESPNN designation. Do these ALL broadcast on ESPN3? Look at replays-ALL ESPN3 no others. On the other hand it does not mention ESPN, ESPN2 or ABC.

Reaction Score
The WatchESPN app and WatchESPN.com have you covered with live streaming access to the following ESPN networks, live events, and shows:

ESPN Networks
  • ESPN
  • ESPN2
  • ESPN3
  • ESPNU
  • SEC Network
  • SEC Network +
  • ESPNews
  • ESPN Deportes
  • Longhorn Network
  • Goal Line/Buzzer Beater

Live Events
  • NBA Regular Season and Playoffs
  • The Masters, U.S. Open, and The Open Championship
  • World Cup Soccer
  • College Football and Basketball
  • All 4 Grand Slam Tennis Events
  • Thousands more live events airing on
    the ESPN networks

ESPN Shows
  • SportsCenter
  • PTI
  • Mike and Mike In The Morning
  • SportsNation
  • ESPN Original Studio Shows

Reaction Score
Different ESPN comment and old news but lack of coverage non power 5 teams is appalling. Last night the national game UCF vs BYU (different team without Hill by the way) was a great game, found it much more compelling than the NFL game on CBS. Yet, it when I went on ESPN earlier this morning and now it is nowhere to be found on sidebar on their NCAA football page or anywhere on page for that matter. BYU is successful national program over long period of time and UCF was a BCS bowl winner last season and has been the second best team in Florida last few years. Sure if couple of middling or even weak power5 teams like Purdue and Wake Forest played each other, it would have been up there.

Reaction Score
Who said it was a conspiracy and the BYU-UCF game was something of interest and worth talking about it. ESPN has made business decision to promote certain conferences as that is where their investment is tied too which is the P5 conferences and as a result games and stories that are worthy of coverage for college football fans such as the BYU-UCF game are pushed aside on the website for less worthy news stores since they do not involve the favored conferences.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Who said it was a conspiracy and the BYU-UCF game was something of interest and worth talking about it. ESPN has made business decision to promote certain conferences as that is where their investment is tied too which is the P5 conferences and as a result games and stories that are worthy of coverage for college football fans such as the BYU-UCF game are pushed aside on the website for less worthy news stores since they do not involve the favored conferences.

ESPN owns the rights to the AAC and BYU.... they are pushed aside because few care.

Reaction Score
ESPN owns the rights to the AAC and BYU.... they are pushed aside because few care.

Seriously Whaler -- how do you even react to people who are convinced that ESPN is conspiring against games they are actually showing on their networks.

Reaction Score
Seriously Whaler -- how do you even react to people who are convinced that ESPN is conspiring against games they are actually showing on their networks.
BL, Wow, appreciate the insight and respect. Guess I will take the high road here and not try to explain my opinion as the low road seems to be where you dwell.

Reaction Score
BL, Wow, appreciate the insight and respect. Guess I will take the high road here and not try to explain my opinion as the low road seems to be where you dwell.

I just reread my two points to see if I owed you an apology for taking a low road. Unless I'm missing something, I said absolutely nothing about you. When I make it personal, I do try to apologize.

The position that talking about the UCF-- BYU game more on ESPN didn't happen for any reason other than ESPN thought its viewers were more interested in other things, however, I find silly. You are welcome to disagree with me, as you did. You can say I'm silly for believing that ESPN on Sportscenter is worried about having a show that more people watch and thus makes them more money I guess. But I'm not sure why you think it's the low road when someone thinks an idea of yours is illogical.

Reaction Score
Espn News......I remember when that channel launched in the mid nineties (may of been '96) and no one really watched it. Almost 20 years later and still no one watches it. It's still better than being relegated to espn3 though

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

I thought maybe they didn't realize?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Espn News.I remember when that channel launched in the mid nineties (may of been '96) and no one really watched it. Almost 20 years later and still no one watches it. It's still better than being relegated to espn3 though

It makes sense that no one watches it because it's actually pretty good. Much better than Sportscenter or the knockoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom