ESPN3 Streaming Options | The Boneyard

ESPN3 Streaming Options

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
So, I'm at a Hampton Inn in Maryland and the interenet feed is average at best and the video steam from ESPN3 is rough.

The TV in the room has every connection possible to plug in to it.

Two questions.

First, since the video quality on my laptop sucks, it won't be any better on a bigger TV since the TV is basically duplicating my laptop, right?

Secondly, I have a DroidX and I could go to Best Buy and get an adapter cable (mini-HDMI to HDMI). Has anyone used a Droid based phone and hooked it up to a TV? And if so, how is the quality?

Reaction Score
To your first question - yea, the TV would be your monitor, quality will be the same, perhaps even slightly worse if it's a higher resolution but not necessarily.

Reaction Score
For your second question, you can always buy and use the adapter cable, and return it this afternoon or tomorrow.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
So, I'm at a Hampton Inn in Maryland and the interenet feed is average at best and the video steam from ESPN3 is rough.

The TV in the room has every connection possible to plug in to it.

Two questions.

First, since the video quality on my laptop sucks, it won't be any better on a bigger TV since the TV is basically duplicating my laptop, right?

Secondly, I have a DroidX and I could go to Best Buy and get an adapter cable (mini-HDMI to HDMI). Has anyone used a Droid based phone and hooked it up to a TV? And if so, how is the quality?

I have watched ESPN3 (The Rose Bowl while in Phoenix last year) from a Droid. It work OK at best. Now, if you are in a 4G area, it should be pretty good. I'd get the HDMI adapter and give it a shot. You can always return the cable, or just keep it, since it will come in handy in the future.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I have watched ESPN3 (The Rose Bowl while in Phoenix last year) from a Droid. It work OK at best. Now, if you are in a 4G area, it should be pretty good. I'd get the HDMI adapter and give it a shot. You can always return the cable, or just keep it, since it will come in handy in the future.

Looks like I'm skip out and bite the bullet with the laptop. I watched some clips on You Tube (ironically enough a Top 10 featuring NCAA buzzer beaters- Uconn on there twice. Rip against UW was 10 and Tate's "the shot" was 4). Anywho, the You Tube quality wasn't much better. I'm on 3G and am getting a good signal. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom