ESPN2 ~ Wrap-Around Coverage | The Boneyard

ESPN2 ~ Wrap-Around Coverage

Reaction Score
I just set my TV to record the game on ESPN2 Saturday at 11:00AM. It indicated it was going to be Wrap-Around Coverage. Is the whole game in its entirety being shown anywhere????? HOPE SO HELP

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I just set my TV to record the game on ESPN2 Saturday at 11:00AM. It indicated it was going to be Wrap-Around Coverage. Is the whole game in its entirety being shown anywhere????? HOPE SO HELP

ESPN is going to most likely show UConn unless you live in one of the cities, or maybe states, that a local team is playing at the same time. That means Duke/Belmont, Central Mich/LSU, or USF/Buffalo. Buffalo would most likely be shown in the Northern portion of NY, while UConn in the Southern portion.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
This is the wrap around coverage map from 2016 for UConn. Seems only Connecticut was excluded (And the Duquense area). Maybe it is better now since I live in NYC. Still, I do not remember any coverage limitations from 2016. . At least, without SNY getting in the way, WATCH-ESPN is always available.

160321_wm_9pm.jpg

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
They basically had the same map last year, and they showed UConn the whole game here in Vegas.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
They basically had the same map last year, and they showed UConn the whole game here in Vegas.

Same here in California.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Is wrap around different from whip- around? It's my recollection that even if its is whip-around coverage, somehow the cameras stay on at the UConn game site to the consternation of pretty much the entire Non-UConn viewing audience.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Correct me if I am wrong but I seem to recall that only the UConn game was on at 11AM with all other games starting at 1PM (or so) so we could have the slot to ourselves in the early rounds? If so, that is different now. Anyhow, I could be wrong.

Reaction Score
Correct me if I am wrong but I seem to recall that only the UConn game was on at 11AM with all other games starting at 1PM (or so) so we could have the slot to ourselves in the early rounds? If so, that is different now. Anyhow, I could be wrong.
Yeah I thought so too, but I also remember in the last couple of years ESPN showing games in their entirety to the respective TV markets while everyone else got whip around coverage.

Reaction Score
I'll have my TV on and my computer set to Watch ESPN. If they move the coverage, I'll just step into my computer room.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
On the BY chats during games, many posters that had to watch via ESPN3 made comments on the fact that "their" game was delayed by a few minutes. Could be an internet or bandwidth issue, but I am guessing here.
I am guessing that I may need to view via ESPN3 down here in NC because the Dukies will be playing at the same time .:(

Reaction Score
When I lived in CT, sometimes they would show the entire game on one of either ESPN2 or ESPN2HD. The other was whip-around.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
DirecTV is going to have 4 additional channels for the Women's NCAA Tournament coverage. So, games will be available on ESPN2 and channels 788 to 791. I am hoping that they show the actual games in their entirety instead of their whip around (non) coverage.

Reaction Score
I live near Tampa and am scheduled for Little Rock vs Florida State.
But I have a TCL Roku tv and get the ESPN app on it which has St Francis vs UCONN listed.
WOO HOO!

Reaction Score
I live near Tampa and am scheduled for Little Rock vs Florida State.
But I have a TCL Roku tv and get the ESPN app on it which has St Francis vs UCONN listed.
WOO HOO!
I checked and it appears that Amazon's fire TV also has individual game options available as well. It will sure beat streaming them on my computer. I just hate whip around viewing.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
DirecTV is going to have 4 additional channels for the Women's NCAA Tournament coverage. So, games will be available on ESPN2 and channels 788 to 791. I am hoping that they show the actual games in their entirety instead of their whip around (non) coverage.
If indeed they do this, then yes, those are the individual game broadcasts. They have done it in the past. We have never watched the whip-around unless there was like no interesting game (which happened once in a while).

My experience with whip-around also suggests that UConn will be on for most of their game, in any case (as will the other #1 seeds). Why ESPN assumes the casual fan would rather watch a blow-out than a close game has always puzzled us. Even if you make an allowance for UConn, with its national fan base (or even Notre Dame), does most of the country want to watch Louisville trouncing someone for what is traditionally more than half the time slot?

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score

According to the guide, UConn vs St. Francis (Pa) isn't a whip-around game. Maybe check the guide again. I checked the guide after 10:00 p.m. last night.

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
According to ESPN Go, the entire St Francis-UConn games will be broadcast on ESPN3 (streaming), good news for anyone outside of Connecticut.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
According to the guide, UConn vs St. Francis (Pa) isn't a whip-around game. Maybe check the guide again. I checked the guide after 10:00 p.m. last night.
It depends on who your provider is and where you live. I am in NC and have DirecTV and my guide for 11AM EDT shows whip around coverage even though the coverage map indicates that I will probably get the Dukies game.

Luckily, channel 788 is the UConn game.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I'll have my TV on and my computer set to Watch ESPN. If they move the coverage, I'll just step into my computer room.

Me too. ESPN has proven to make the worst "wrap around" coverage decisions in the history of Tournament broadcasting so I suspect I'll be watching a LOT on the computer and the Apple TV.

Reaction Score
ESPNU will have numerous re-broadcasts in early AM, but does not indicate which ones.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom