ESPN | Page 5 | The Boneyard

ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
$10m plus additional to an athletic budget = "has" in my book, but maybe its just semantics...

Here is your original post. You are talking about the money that the individual school gets - ignoring the fact that it's the conference that decides to expand. You two keep snapping towels at each other, it's a great learning opportunity!

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Here is your original post. You are talking about the money that the individual school gets - ignoring the fact that it's the conference that decides to expand. You two keep snapping towels at each other, it's a great learning opportunity!

You're a clown. You post this idiotic post FOUR MINUTES after you had already posted "Clearly, they think it increases the value of their network..."

THAT'S the reason that the conferences expand!!! More money!!!

You know what, Torrie Robertson? Forget it. I know now that it's one of two things; you're either that dumb or you're looking for a fight. I'm interested in neither. Enjoy your towel-snapping....

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score

What does Michigan earn from B1G revenues today? I dont know, but say its ~$25M. If the B1G adds UNC and whoever else and revenues per school jump to ~$35M, then that is a $10M increase. No? I have no idea what the actual per school increase, but it would be significant? No? I would also expect that the SEC and B12 will "have" to expand to keep up. No?

My point was simply that conferences must expand to grow revenues.

That's all. Pretty simple.

That fact that the school invited to relocate obviously makes more money as well (actually well in excess of $10M if its an ACC or Connecticut) doesnt mean each school in the new conference doesnt make more $$, especially for B1G or SEC.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What does Michigan earn from B1G revenues today? I dont know, but say its ~$25M. If the B1G adds UNC and whoever else and revenues per school jump to ~$35M, then that is a $10M increase. No? I have no idea what the actual per school increase, but it would be significant? No? I would also expect that the SEC and B12 will "have" to expand to keep up. No?

My point was simply that conferences must expand to grow revenues.

That's all. Pretty simple.

That fact that the school invited to relocate obviously makes more money as well (actually well in excess of $10M if its an ACC or Connecticut) doesnt mean each school in the new conference doesnt make more $$, especially for B1G or SEC.

Sure if that was the math I'd agree with you. UNC gets $20 now. They would need to be worth 175 million annually to the Big 10 to move the schools from 25 to 35. For the Big 10 schools to each get 10 more you need an additional 140 million plus the dollars for the added school.

Nobody is anywhere near half that valuable. If that was how it worked sure they would have to expand.

To even get 2 million a school you'd need to be worth 28+27 to make the transaction work. There are a few schools worth that. Most of whom aren't in play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom