Espn: Warlick looks to the past... | The Boneyard

Espn: Warlick looks to the past...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
"We're athletic, we're fast, we're strong," Warlick said. "And for the first time I can say we have a veteran group."

LINK

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
That article danced around all the open questions about Tenn. The elephant in the room: where is the scoring coming from? Athletic, fast and strong doesn't cut it - it is where you start. They could tear it up, but they really have to show me and that article from ESPN certainly did not. What it did was dance around the question.

PS. Tenn fans need not tell me about next year. Next year will take care of itself. It's this year and it's points.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
More than that, it's about team ball. There are players on their roster who are not known for their ability to mesh with other teammates, share the ball, and be less "me" and more "us". If the coaches can't change that, they will struggle more than Tennessee fans would like...

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
More than that, it's about team ball. There are players on their roster who are not known for their ability to mesh with other teammates, share the ball, and be less "me" and more "us". If the coaches can't change that, they will struggle more than Tennessee fans would like...

Oops, I forgot that part! I guess the whole no I in team thing sorta got lost in the Parker Era.

Reaction Score
Yes, Eric and Rocky, spot on! Team basketball, with the requisite support, knowhow and tutelage of good coaching. That is at the core of it.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
For me as a vol fan the thing I'm lookin for this year is if they addressed the turnover issue. Sure being strong, athletic and fast is great, but if you are consistently turning the ball over, it's all negated. This team has the pieces to be dominant THIS YEAR, but if it's more of the same with poor ball handling and poor perimeter defense like last year, then we can forget yet another final four appearance..

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score

Team basketball is important no doubt and I think it's true that the concept of "team ball" was lost with this group last year. Should be a different story this year

Reaction Score
Good words Boxer.... Massengale says they are all buying in this year, so i am anxious to see what sets they run, how the defend, how the discipline is, etc..... Good luck......

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
If this is the year the Lady Vols finish 3rd in the SEC behind South Carolina and A&M, they won't get a one seed and could end up at Albany with UConn.

Reaction Score
If this is the year the Lady Vols finish 3rd in the SEC behind South Carolina and A&M, they won't get a one seed and could end up at Albany with UConn.
That would be great for us.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Team basketball is important no doubt and I think it's true that the concept of "team ball" was lost with this group last year. Should be a different story this year
But those are the same that were said last year.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
Good words Boxer.... Massengale says they are all buying in this year, so i am anxious to see what sets they run, how the defend, how the discipline is, etc..... Good luck.

I am too bay...also excited to see how much impact the freshman class will have this year, especially tucker and nared. As far as uconn goes, be interesting to see what the effect, if any, losing dolson and Hartley will have on the team. got a lot of talented guards coming in, so depth shouldn't be an issue .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom