ESPN updates rankings | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ESPN updates rankings

Reaction Score
I don't understand Shade dropping. Her team won the State championship, and she had a good summer.

It could be that by moving into a prep league she won't be on the HS travelling circuit and will be invisible.
What I like best is her competitiveness and toughness.

Reaction Score
What does it mean when a prospect comes to first night? It's not a commitment right? It's just a reflection of mutual interest?

Reaction Score
Team First, you just helped me answer my own question about Ziebell. My question is if she was offered? I now realize it would be unlikely that she just attended without mutual interest.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
What does it mean when a prospect comes to first night? It's not a commitment right? It's just a reflection of mutual interest?

It just shows mutual interest. I don’t know the exact percentage, but I would say that most—not all—uncommitted players at First Night eventually chose UConn. Some committed that weekend or shortly thereafter. But keep in mind that there are no guarantees.

Reaction Score
Hmmm. Curious. Who proclaimed her a 6-3 point guard if you don't mind me asking? That seems far-fetched to me as her handle is a bit loose to put it kindly. Someone described it as sloppy.

She's actually 6-2 but with long arms that will allow her to play bigger. She's a wing or PF. Her perimeter shooting needs to improve a lot to be a good wing.

I've only watched her online, both high school games (admittedly I stop watching because of the level of play) and in FIBA events. I'm a bit ambivalent about her. On the one hand, she's one of those players you can't take your eyes off. She's almost perfect physically and glides up and down the court. Her game, however, always seems to disappoint. She's a bit of a drifter and too often a spectator. She drifts out to the 3-point line and seems content to stay there and watch even though she is by far the best player on her team. Her perimeter shooting needs a lot of work (37%/16% at FIBA U17) though she wouldn't be the first good player to shoot poorly at a FIBA event.

She has a lot of potential but needs the right coach if she wants to be great.

Maybe it was me who just made up that rumor, haha.

And to be clear, it was tongue in cheek, referring to the recurring theme where an athletic tall girl leads one fast break and suddenly she's the next Candace Parker.

My recollection was that some of the comments on Prosper went even further, but perhaps I was just reading some of the typical hype too literally (e.g. "can play all 5 positions" or things like that).

Plus, in the (limited) glimpses I watched of her FIBA World Cup games, it seemed like she was vying to bring up or handle the ball a lot (not just on opportune occasions).

Anyway, I agree. What I saw of her ball-handling abilities was nothing unprecedented for a 6'3" (or 6'2") player.

Basically, my suggestion was that not many teams could afford to exempt her from doing dirty work down low, but a team that already has interior workhorses might be able to gamble and develop/play her more "experimentally" and "creatively."

Reaction Score
Basically, my suggestion was that not many teams could afford to exempt her from doing dirty work down low, but a team that already has interior workhorses might be able to gamble and develop/play her more "experimentally" and "creatively."

If she wants to start for Geno she will need to have as good a low post game plus be willing to bang on defense. But this season Geno can start her off at what she seems good at and enjoys, high post.

I'd prefer a 5 who played boys rugby and had her nose broken more than once but Brady looks good on the court. She bounces from spot to spot. Not as quick as Patterson but for a big body she's Fred Astaire, gliding.
Edwards played a lot as a freshman because UConn needed her strength inside. If neither Juhasz nor Edwards are producing points then Brady is nice to have. And maybe she'll be tougher than the LaLa land stereotype. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Hmmm. Curious. Who proclaimed her a 6-3 point guard if you don't mind me asking? That seems far-fetched to me as her handle is a bit loose to put it kindly. Someone described it as sloppy.

She's actually 6-2 but with long arms that will allow her to play bigger. She's a wing or PF. Her perimeter shooting needs to improve a lot to be a good wing.

I've only watched her online, both high school games (admittedly I stop watching because of the level of play) and in FIBA events. I'm a bit ambivalent about her. On the one hand, she's one of those players you can't take your eyes off. She's almost perfect physically and glides up and down the court. Her game, however, always seems to disappoint. She's a bit of a drifter and too often a spectator. She drifts out to the 3-point line and seems content to stay there and watch even though she is by far the best player on her team. Her perimeter shooting needs a lot of work (37%/16% at FIBA U17) though she wouldn't be the first good player to shoot poorly at a FIBA event.

She has a lot of potential but needs the right coach if she wants to be great.

Maybe it was me who just made up that rumor, haha.

And to be clear, it was tongue in cheek, referring to the recurring theme where an athletic tall girl leads one fast break and suddenly she's the next Candace Parker.

My recollection was that some of the comments on Prosper went even further, but perhaps I was just reading some of the typical hype too literally (e.g. "can play all 5 positions" or things like that).

Plus, in the (limited) glimpses I watched of her FIBA World Cup games, it seemed like she was vying to bring up or handle the ball a lot (not just on opportune occasions).

Anyway, I agree. What I saw of her ball-handling abilities was nothing unprecedented for a 6'3" (or 6'2") player.

Blame it on her AAU coach and HoopSeenW, formerly ASGR. Their 2023 rankings had her listed as a PG. Until she played for BecomeOne this summer, that's never been her position.

Anyone I've talked to here on my side of the border were surprised by that. Canada Basketball has always had her listed as a forward.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom