ESPN updates rankings | The Boneyard

ESPN updates rankings

Reaction Score
In 2023:
-- Arnold is No. 6
-- Shade is No. 15
-- Samuels is No. 41

Prosper is No. 16 and Watkins has reclaimed her No. 1 spot.

In 2024:
-- Cambridge is No. 1
-- Edwards is No. 2
-- Carlton is No. 3
-- Strong is No. 4
-- Ziebell is No. 5
-- Fournier is No. 23
-- Berry is No. 32

I know there's a few others that @Sluconn Husky will address.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Maybe they really don't think she is that good and won't perform well at the Prep level. That would be so stupid since they haven't begun play as of yet. All I know is that we will have her as of November signing period, and really glad we do. Go Huskies.

Reaction Score
Maybe they really don't think she is that good and won't perform well at the Prep level. That would be so stupid since they haven't begun play as of yet. All I know is that we will have her as of November signing period, and really glad we do. Go Huskies.
Interesting. At her previous school she was the key to the offense, but the was also the core of the defense, playing solo full court press for entire games. It wasn't a high intensity press, but she covered the ball and threatened the passing lanes from end to end. Will they have her doing that at the new prep school? She has a ton of energy.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

Here's some news:

Who has the lead for the No. 1 class? That goes to Arizona.

Currently, the Wildcats have pledges from No. 8 Montaya Dew, No. 14 Breya Cunningham, and No. 21 Jada Williams. They have also hosted No. 17 Chloe Kitts and No. 16 Cassandre Prosper on official visits.

Reaction Score

Here's some news:

Currently, the Wildcats have pledges from No. 8 Montaya Dew, No. 14 Breya Cunningham, and No. 21 Jada Williams. They have also hosted No. 17 Chloe Kitts and No. 16 Cassandre Prosper on official visits.
Leveraging their Canadian connections through Pellington and Hylton I'm sure.

Reaction Score

Here's some news:

Did Geno recruit any of them? I’m only concerned about folks Geno made offers to. If he judged them worthy and they went elsewhere… uh oh.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Did Geno recruit any of them? I’m only concerned about folks Geno made offers to. If he judged them worthy and they went elsewhere… uh oh.
Don't know, don't care. The news part is about Cassandre Prosper and an official visit. There's been discussion about her in the recruiting thread and whether UConn is pursuing her (I think not). As part of that discussion it's been mentioned that her recruitment has been so quiet that no one is even aware of any visits she's made. Well, now we know of at least one.

Reaction Score
Don't know, don't care. The news part is about Cassandre Prosper and an official visit. There's been discussion about her in the recruiting thread and whether UConn is pursuing her (I think not). As part of that discussion it's been mentioned that her recruitment has been so quiet that no one is even aware of any visits she's made. Well, now we know of at least one.
The news part isn't even news. We already knew that as well. Thus there's nothing to care about here.

Reaction Score
Hal--A---Loo--Ya! Amen Brother Amen, the Choir is listening.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Leveraging their Canadian connections through Pellington and Hylton I'm sure.
Could be. Not that it matters but did either attend CCA?

Interesting that we're learning about a Prosper visit in an ESPN article talking about updates to recruiting rankings. And it's thrown in there just as an aside. I'm not aware of any Canada-based publication that has said one word about her recruitment. There was an ASGR story back in August that referenced both Stanford and Notre Dame as being "in on" Prosper but no mention of Arizona. Maybe she visited after that publication date. Also, Stanford is now out of the picture, either by her choice or theirs.

Perhaps she's made some other stealth visits?

Reaction Score
Could be. 1) Not that it matters but did either attend CCA?

Interesting that we're learning about a Prosper visit in an ESPN article talking about updates to recruiting rankings. And it's thrown in there just as an aside. I'm not aware of any Canada-based publication that has said one word about her recruitment.
There was an ASGR story back in August that referenced both Stanford and Notre Dame as being "in on" Prosper but no mention of Arizona. Maybe she visited after that publication date. Also, Stanford is now out of the picture, either by her choice or theirs.

3) Perhaps she's made some other stealth visits?
1) No, however Cassandra would have crossed paths with them in different Canada Basketball training sessions over the past couple years.

2) The gentleman behind ESPN rankings now, Laflin is also behind Prime Events events I believe. Their organization, along with ASGR seem to have a friendly rapport with the AAU coach behind BecomeOne from what I've observed over the years. It's no surprise, that they've listed the offers for Deniya Prawl who also played with Prosper on this team during the summer.

With regards to Canadian publications, we're very behind the times on focusing on the women's HS game here. The only one I know that may provide recruiting updates only offers their information by subscription and I believe it's only for coaches.

3) This will likely be the case as her recruitment has been very private with the exception of coach visits that were posted by Capital Courts.

Reaction Score

Here's some news:

Arizona would be interesting for Prosper as she's been proclaimed a 6'3" point guard. With a pure post like Cunningham, 6'4" Nnaji, and additional size in 8th-ranked 6'2" Dew, Arizona might be the best-equipped program to afford letting an elite 6'3" athlete like Prosper freely stray from the paint at the college level.

Although perhaps Dew (named the best passer/facilitator in the country by ESPN) has that same vision for herself in playing with a Cunningham and Nnaji frontcourt.

Reaction Score
Arizona would be interesting for Prosper as she's been proclaimed a 6'3" point guard. With a pure post like Cunningham, 6'4" Nnaji, and additional size in 8th-ranked 6'2" Dew, Arizona might be the best-equipped program to afford letting an elite 6'3" athlete like Prosper freely stray from the paint at the college level.

Although perhaps Dew (named the best passer/facilitator in the country by ESPN) has that same vision for herself in playing with a Cunningham and Nnaji frontcourt.

I cringe when I saw that description, but when you watch her games, I get it. She is one of the primary ball carriers on her team because they don't have the depth. When you watch her play with Canada Basketball, she's more of a wing which makes more sense to me. Regardless, her versatility will benefit any program that ends up getting her commitment.

Reaction Score
I'm 100% confident about what Arnold and Shade will bring to UConn.........there isn't a program in the country that wouldn't be thrilled with either one of them............I can't exactly say the same for Samuels although admittedly I have only seen her play a couple of times.........other than a pretty smooth stroke from three, I have some reservations about other parts of her game.........Geno and company saw enough to recruit her so clearly she's a talented player......I'd also like to point out that a super tough NJ point guard named Zoe Brooks has moved up to number nine on that ESPN '23 list.........I wrote about her here all the way back in May of '18, hoping there would be some UConn interest........sadly nothing came of it and now she's off to NC St.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I don't understand Shade dropping. Her team won the State championship, and she had a good summer.
Well she had an ok summer, a better summer would have been making the USA basketball U18 team.
Ashlynn also walked away from a state championship team to go to a private HS. I don't suspect that any of this will have any impact on how good she is going to be once she gets to UCONN. Her big sister and her dad (in background holding the ball) will make sure of it.

1666046482302.png

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

Hmmm. Curious. Who proclaimed her a 6-3 point guard if you don't mind me asking? That seems far-fetched to me as her handle is a bit loose to put it kindly. Someone described it as sloppy.

She's actually 6-2 but with long arms that will allow her to play bigger. She's a wing or PF. Her perimeter shooting needs to improve a lot to be a good wing.

I've only watched her online, both high school games (admittedly I stop watching because of the level of play) and in FIBA events. I'm a bit ambivalent about her. On the one hand, she's one of those players you can't take your eyes off. She's almost perfect physically and glides up and down the court. Her game, however, always seems to disappoint. She's a bit of a drifter and too often a spectator. She drifts out to the 3-point line and seems content to stay there and watch even though she is by far the best player on her team. Her perimeter shooting needs a lot of work (37%/16% at FIBA U17) though she wouldn't be the first good player to shoot poorly at a FIBA event.

She has a lot of potential but needs the right coach if she wants to be great.

Reaction Score
Regarding Shade, she tends to get sloppy with her offense and then the transition to Def. in every tape I have watched. The U Conn coaches are going to clean that up quickly.

Reaction Score
In 2023:
-- Arnold is No. 6
-- Shade is No. 15
-- Samuels is No. 41

Prosper is No. 16 and Watkins has reclaimed her No. 1 spot.

In 2024:
-- Cambridge is No. 1
-- Edwards is No. 2
-- Carlton is No. 3
-- Strong is No. 4
-- Ziebell is No. 5
-- Fournier is No. 23
-- Berry is No. 32

I know there's a few others that @Sluconn Husky will address.
Was Ziebell the only 2024 recruit at First Night?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom