ESPN top 25 players UConn 3 players | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ESPN top 25 players UConn 3 players

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
How is didi Richards not on this list? Sure she doesn’t score as much but she’s the best defender in the country!
I had that same question.

Reaction Score
I am not saying Henderson will be at the top of this list for NPOY but she will be in the conversation for a pretty long time similar to Ty Harris last year. The team she will be running is just loaded with talent and experience, and she is up there with Boston when it comes to how much talent she has. Her outside shooting has impressed me and she has the speed of Cuevas-Moore. She is better all around than Bianca though. She is explosive. Coming off the bench she has been like, "Wow she has already have 10 points? She already made 3 3-pointers?" with more playing time expect to be more like, who she already had 20 points? etc....

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I am not saying Henderson will be at the top of this list for NPOY but she will be in the conversation for a pretty long time similar to Ty Harris last year. The team she will be running is just loaded with talent and experience, and she is up there with Boston when it comes to how much talent she has. Her outside shooting has impressed me and she has the speed of Cuevas-Moore. She is better all around than Bianca though. She is explosive. Coming off the bench she has been like, "Wow she has already have 10 points? She already made 3 3-pointers?" with more playing time expect to be more like, who she already had 20 points? etc....
Dear @ReadR00ster,
Please put down the pipe or at lease take out the wacky tobacco if you are going to keep smoking it. Stop being so easily impressed-Henderson shot 42% overall last year and is below 40% for her carrer. I love Ty Harris but the only NPOY conversation she was in last year were those you were having with yourself. If Henderson had as much talent as Boston Henderson would be starting. Instead of starting & in the immortal words from Love and Basketball "Henderson let a freshman take her spot". Stop biggin up Henderson and go check her stats. What you will find is that Henderson averages dropped considerably during conference play.

Reaction Score
Dear @ReadR00ster,
Please put down the pipe or at lease take out the wacky tobacco if you are going to keep smoking it. Stop being so easily impressed-Henderson shot 42% overall last year and is below 40% for her carrer. I love Ty Harris but the only NPOY conversation she was in last year were those you were having with yourself. If Henderson had as much talent as Boston Henderson would be starting. Instead of starting & in the immortal words from Love and Basketball "Henderson let a freshman take her spot". Stop biggin up Henderson and go check her stats. What you will find is that Henderson averages dropped considerably during conference play.
Henderson was actually one of the few players that when SC went to their bench provided a jumpstart versus a downgrade. I do agree though her and Aaliyah on the same level #Drunk

Reaction Score
Because the people making these lists aren't as knowledgeable as a lot of people think they are.
Definitely! I hate how the voters only care about offensive stats

Reaction Score
Dear @ReadR00ster,

Henderson had as good a year as anyone coming off the bench and was even named to the SEC All Tournament team and was already playing like a seasoned vet to end the year. Don’t worry Destanni will wake everyone up this year no doubt about it.

Reaction Score
Henderson had as good a year as anyone coming off the bench and was even named to the SEC All Tournament team and was already playing like a seasoned vet to end the year. Don’t worry Destanni will wake everyone up this year no doubt about it.
Well first she’s got to prove that she’s the starter. As Good as Cuevas-Moore was she never got the opportunity to be the starting lead guard for a whole season. —Cooke took her (Henderson) spot and we don’t exactly know if Cooke won’t be the PG and Henderson stays her backup. There’s a lot of guards on the squad. The other Destiny on the team could take it this year or the recruit that came in. Plus there’s Rivers, Johnson, and Hall on the way next year. I don’t doubt her abilities and I’ve seen flashes of what she can do, but you’ve got to let her prove it first. And I just don’t see NPOY.. at all

Reaction Score
Well first she’s got to prove that she’s the starter. As Good as Cuevas-Moore was she never got the opportunity to be the starting lead guard for a whole season. —Cooke took her (Henderson) spot and we don’t exactly know if Cooke won’t be the PG and Henderson stays her backup. There’s a lot of guards on the squad. The other Destiny on the team could take it this year or the recruit that came in. Plus there’s Rivers, Johnson, and Hall on the way next year. I don’t doubt her abilities and I’ve seen flashes of what she can do, but you’ve got to let her prove it first. And I just don’t see NPOY.. at all
Cooke wants to be a scorer. No way she ever plays PG. But i digress i also do not see NPOY for Henderson at all .

Reaction Score
Cooke wants to be a scorer. No way she ever plays PG. But i digress i also do not see NPOY for Henderson at all .
She’s a combo guard. I don’t see her as a strict shooting guard

Reaction Score

The OP said Henderson was a NPOY type of talent not I. I only agreed that she has immense potential and is being slept on. I definitely feel she’s All SEC type of talent and could very well blow up this year. Look at Evans for U of L for example, she came off the bench her first two years and only averaged around 9 ppg but she blew up her junior year with more opportunity and playing time. I think the same thing should happen for Destanni.

Reaction Score
I am not backing down from what I said. I am not saying Destanni is like a clear NPOTY, just that I think she has the talent which is that immense, but maybe not what a lot players make up for in polish. She's going to be running the team for the most part and she will score a ton of points. She is already off to a fast start as SC leading scorer. She will just get more comfortable in this role as the year goes on.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Denstanni. Get the name right bc it's going to be a big one. You talk about her like she is Cuevas-Moore, but this is a different person. A much better player, who has responded to coaching much as well has very good chemistry with her teammates. She far surpassed Bianca last year in my estimation. Just go back to Uconn game and see what she did when she came off the bench. She has done that several times last year. She is like a female Russ Westbrook in my eyes.

Reaction Score
Denstanni. Get the name right bc it's going to be a big one. You talk about her like she is Cuevas-Moore, but this is a different person. A much better player, who has responded to coaching much as well has very good chemistry with her teammates. She far surpassed Bianca last year in my estimation. Just go back to Uconn game and see what she did when she came off the bench. She has done that several times last year. She is like a female Russ Westbrook in my eyes.
Denstanni? Whaa..??

(I hate it when that happens...)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
:DHead bang

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom