ESPN Top 10 Plays | The Boneyard

ESPN Top 10 Plays

Reaction Score
I don't know the ESPN studio hosts but at halftime of the Florida/Oklahoma game they commented on UConn. They stressed how deep and talented they were as well as how much fun they were having playing basketball. He said not to discount that aspect.

They also observed that the players that come off the bench play differently then the starters they replaced and therefore are hard to play. They used the differences between Sanogo and Clingan as examples. Also stated that UConn should just turn it up for 40 minutes because of their depth that is not easily matched by other teams.

Reaction Score
I don't know the ESPN studio hosts but at halftime of the Florida/Oklahoma game they commented on UConn. They stressed how deep and talented they were as well as how much fun they were having playing basketball. He said not to discount that aspect.

They also observed that the players that come off the bench play differently then the starters they replaced and therefore are hard to play. They used the differences between Sanogo and Clingan as examples. Also stated that UConn should just turn it up for 40 minutes because of their depth that is not easily matched by other teams.
We've seen it happen every game now where at about the 10 minute mark in the 2nd half, the opponent is starting to get gassed and then we go on a 15-3 run or something like that. It literally happens every single game at the exact same moment lol

Reaction Score
We've seen it happen every game now where at about the 10 minute mark in the 2nd half, the opponent is starting to get gassed and then we go on a 15-3 run or something like that. It literally happens every single game at the exact same moment lol
We took Joey out of the bullpen. It was like bringing in Mariano.

Reaction Score
I want to bring attention to Donovan Clingan on that behind the back pass by JC. The freshman center with Velcro hands is really in tune to what is going on around him. No fumbling of the pass. Took it straight up and seemed like he was expecting the pass all along. I have seen such plays bungled. Very happy to see players being so alert and into the game. BTW, the pass was a perfectly "weighed" bounce pass. Kudos to both players.

Reaction Score
I want to bring attention to Donovan Clingan on that behind the back pass by JC. The freshman center with Velcro hands is really in tune to what is going on around him. No fumbling of the pass. Took it straight up and seemed like he was expecting the pass all along. I have seen such plays bungled. Very happy to see players being so alert and into the game. BTW, the pass was a perfectly "weighed" bounce pass. Kudos to both players.

Another great play from him was on Andre's full court dunk. He had the awareness to see we weren't going to get the ball in, and ran from downcourt to get the long outlet from 'Dre. Finds him in stride for the pass so he can go full court for the SC10 jam. I'm not sure that play would have happened with any of our centers on the court from the last 10 years. I think if Donovan plays for 3 years, he has a shot to be our best ballmoving/passing big man ever.

Reaction Score
I don't think that can be emphasized enough. Don't get me wrong, I loved having guys like Thabeet, Brimah, Chuck, AO, etc in the post, but my god they could not catch a ball consistently when it was played into the post. Sanogo and Clingan's hands are like glue when we're firing in passes down low, which lets them clean up everything

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If we were still an ESPN property, there would have been an entire Joey California segment. My guess is that their isn't a full cross swapping of highlights between Fox and ESPN, only a limited one.

Reaction Score
There were a lot of great highlights from both teams in the game.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Rob Daubster on Field of 68 made a great observation. He said that the pass wasn’t showboating by Joey, it was just the only way to make the play.

Reaction Score
I don't think that can be emphasized enough. Don't get me wrong, I loved having guys like Thabeet, Brimah, Chuck, AO, etc in the post, but my god they could not catch a ball consistently when it was played into the post. Sanogo and Clingan's hands are like glue when we're firing in passes down low, which lets them clean up everything
We used to have bigs with no hands and guards who couldn’t finish layups at the rim.

Times have changed lol.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom