ESPN: The science of Skylar | The Boneyard

ESPN: The science of Skylar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakibomb25

Yamasaki Let the Good Times Roll
Reaction Score
That was pretty cool. Thanks for sharing.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Very cool. It's ridiculous how strong her dribble is with her right hand. I noticed that UConn's defenders didn't always try to force her to her right; UConn's defense seemed more intent on keeping her out of the middle of the lane where she's more dangerous regardless of which hand she's using.

Reaction Score
Very cool. It's ridiculous how strong her dribble is with her right hand. I noticed that UConn's defenders didn't always try to force her to her right; UConn's defense seemed more intent on keeping her out of the middle of the lane where she's more dangerous regardless of which hand she's using.

Interesting spot but totally meaningless without anything to compare to. Can anybody say with any accuracy if the difference between her right hand and left hand is any better or perhaps worse, than any other guard? Same goes with the shooting mechanics portion as well, it would be my guess, yes just a guess, that any decent shooters results would be very similar to Skylars. Even the one comparison they made to John Wall is useless without other players results. You don't know if the differences between her and Wall are average, lower than average or higher than average than any other player.
Fascinating..... but don't draw any conclusion from this video

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Interesting spot but totally meaningless without anything to compare to. Can anybody say with any accuracy if the difference between her right hand and left hand is any better or perhaps worse, than any other guard? Same goes with the shooting mechanics portion as well, it would be my guess, yes just a guess, that any decent shooters results would be very similar to Skylars. Even the one comparison they made to John Wall is useless without other players results. You don't know if the differences between her and Wall are average, lower than average or higher than average than any other player.
Fascinating..... but don't draw any conclusion from this video

Skylar is very talented and she works her butt off, but I agree about the meaninglessness of these types of videos by ESPN and the most meaningless stat is the less than 5% variance in forearm position on the 14 foot jumper - its like a pro day for a quarterback - let's put a little pressure on that shot/pass and measure that. These segments are fun though. I relished every one that was done on a UC star and think it's great that Skylar is getting her time to shine. She'll go 1 or 2 in the WNBA draft next year.

Reaction Score
Skylar's time for the 20 yards was a very slow 3.69 seconds. A good time for a high school girl is about 2.8. What was excellent was the lighting and makeup.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
yup I noticed that also... seemed strange at the time but you & ESPN cleared it up for me!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
didnt they do this for Maya last season or sometime in her UConn career?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom