ESPN says Bouk is better than expected | The Boneyard

ESPN says Bouk is better than expected

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
In ranking freshmen players to date;

James Bouknight, UConn: After missing the first three games of the season due to suspension, Bouknight has provided much-needed scoring pop for the Huskies. He had 19 points, including several clutch baskets, in a double-overtime loss to Xavier, and he has totaled 28 points over his past two outings. Bouknight is averaging 13.8 points thus far.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, I haven't paid my $4.99/month. I cannot read the article.

Reaction Score
And that makes 4 recruits that UConn was heavily involved with in that category of exceeding expectations as top 100 players. Bouknight, Cockburn, Aciuwa and Landers Nolley.

When 4 of the 6 players mentioned in this category were heavily considering UConn, that has to make you feel really good about the staff's scouting abilities, especially given the way Akok and Brendan Adams are playing.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I got mine with Disney+
I did not, much to my surprise. Of course I'm not paying for Disney+ so that might factor in.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
And that makes 4 recruits that UConn was heavily involved with in that category of exceeding expectations as top 100 players. Bouknight, Cockburn, Aciuwa and Landers Nolley.

When 4 of the 6 players mentioned in this category were heavily considering UConn, that has to make you feel really good about the staff's scouting abilities, especially given the way Akok and Brendan Adams are playing.
Agreed! Now if our guys can show the improvement on the floor. Perhaps an NCAA bid will be sufficient to open the flood gates. (I'm not into dam busting. It's too messy. Give me the control of the flood gates to get the players I want. ;) )

Reaction Score
What's impressive is two of UConn's top recruiting targets, Kofi Cockburn and Precious Achiuwa, were also listed as better than expected. It means Hurley and staff were targeting the right players.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Those two make no sense to me. They were both impact players day 1. Precious was thought by many to be one and done.

Whoever had lesser expectations had their head up their arse.

Reaction Score
Those two make no sense to me. They were both impact players day 1. Precious was thought by many to be one and done.

Whoever had lesser expectations had their head up their arse.
This was definitely not the thought about Precious, there was lots of talk in the threads about how he may struggle in college and was not a lock to be one and done

Reaction Score
James Bouknight, UConn: After missing the first three games of the season due to suspension, Bouknight has provided much-needed scoring pop for the Huskies. He had 19 points, including several clutch baskets, in a double-overtime loss to Xavier, and he has totaled 28 points over his past two outings. Bouknight is averaging 13.8 points thus far.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
This was definitely not the thought about Precious, there was lots of talk in the threads about how he may struggle in college and was not a lock to be one and done

Those people either 1) didn't know what they were talking about. or 2) more likely were butthurt that he wasn't coming to UConn. imo

He was an NBA level athlete who would be at the very least a complete defender from day 1. And would out-muscle for rebounds and likely dunk on whomever.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, I haven't paid my $4.99/month. I cannot read the article.

My daughter insisted on Disney+ and we wanted Hulu, so ESPN+ was actually free.

Key point from a recruiting and eye for talent perspective. The better than expected category includes:

Bouknight
Kofi Cockburn
Precious Achiuwa

Imagine what might have been. Akok is no slouch, but hasn't done enough to be on the radar for something like this.

Reaction Score
Those people either 1) didn't know what they were talking about. or 2) more likely were butthurt that he wasn't coming to UConn. imo

He was an NBA level athlete who would be at the very least a complete defender from day 1. And would out-muscle for rebounds and likely dunk on whomever.
I'll try to find the posts, it was from posters who are very plugged in to the HS/AAU scene

Reaction Score

that's some impressive research done by ESPN, must of taken all of 5 minutes to look at the box score of his last few games.

Reaction Score

I would guess he goes late first round. He might boost his stock coming back, but it's not a given. He's playing center half the time for memphis.

His complete inability to shoot is a big problem for NBA teams. In a day when even Cs are supposed to shoot 3s, I'm not sure where he fits in on a decent team. Might need a year or two in the g lleaguegetting his shot up to par.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I would guess he goes late first round. He might boost his stock coming back, but it's not a given. He's playing center half the time for memphis.

His complete inability to shoot is a big problem for NBA teams. In a day when even Cs are supposed to shoot 3s, I'm not sure where he fits in on a decent team. Might need a year or two in the g lleaguegetting his shot up to par.

That's fair. I didn't say he was a lottery pick.

I'll try to find the posts, it was from posters who are very plugged in to the HS/AAU scene

I just remember everybody talking him up big. And then when he cooled on us....his limitations were all of a sudden glaringly obvious. Classic Boneyard move.

We had guys saying Akok was ridiculously raw, and while he's underdeveloped, he fits on a college floor pretty damn well for a freshman big.

Reaction Score

Agree on Achiuwa, great athlete with awesome build/wingpsan but can't shoot. Draft.net latest mock has him going #19.
Surprised to see Enoch up there, 76ers clearly need another big. Antoine at #17 and he hasn't even played a game and is coming off a torn labrum.
Screenshot_20191204-164453_Chrome.jpg

Reaction Score
Agree on Achiuwa, great athlete with awesome build/wingpsan but can't shoot. Draft.net latest mock has him going #19.
Surprised to see Enoch up there, 76ers clearly need another big. Antoine at #17 and he hasn't even played a game and is coming off a torn labrum.
View attachment 48843
Enoch screams Justin Patton 2.0

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom