ESPN Rumor Mill: ACC may not expand in near future | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ESPN Rumor Mill: ACC may not expand in near future

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
All of that isn't absolutely correct. Long Island Sound is a part of the Atlantic Ocean.
Wrong. Long Island Sound doesn't even border on the Atlantic. It borders on Block Island / Rhode Island Sound, which borders on the Atlantic.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
Wrong. Long Island Sound doesn't even border on the Atlantic. It borders on Block Island / Rhode Island Sound, which borders on the Atlantic.

Interesting. Show me the map with the delineated borders for the Atlantic/BI Sound/RI Sound/LI Sound. Technically, I believe its an estuary.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
This is good news. Means the b10 is still after more and uconn is of interest. Acc going to make it seem like uconn has nothing to go to to pressure them to accept acc invite before b10 does more. Love it. Last week espn was gogogaga for uconn and now they fear we may be wanted elsewhere.

it i hope susan calls the b12 and pac 2night also just so swirls in nc.

Reaction Score
How can these news reports be true? I mean, ESPN is hell bent on destroying the Big East, so therefore they should be writing stories promoting Lou and/or UConn to the ACC, right?

Reaction Score
God damnit this * is SO STUPID. I've seriously stopped caring.

Like the worst reality show imaginable.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
This is good news. Means the b10 is still after more and uconn is of interest. Acc going to make it seem like uconn has nothing to go to to pressure them to accept acc invite before b10 does more. Love it. Last week espn was gogogaga for uconn and now they fear we may be wanted elsewhere.

**** it i hope susan calls the b12 and pac 2night also just so **** swirls in nc.
HFD... let's say UConn accepts an invite to the ACC tonight, and the Big 10 comes calling tomorrow and says "yeah turns out we'd love to have you".... since UConn won't actually switch conferences for another year plus... couldn't we just change our minds? Sorta like TCU?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
HFD... let's say UConn accepts an invite to the ACC tonight, and the Big 10 comes calling tomorrow and says "yeah turns out we'd love to have you".... since UConn won't actually switch conferences for another year plus... couldn't we just change our minds? Sorta like TCU?

We could if its just a buyout # to pay. But swofford is looking for a gor which would then lock us up media wise for lenght. We need to be patient here and pull the acc trigger as late as possible without losing it and join them asap this next fall. Wait as long as possible forr b10. Announce future plans right now to expand rent and more research. Dont care if thats 5 or 50 years down the road. Announce them.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
We could if its just a buyout # to pay. But swofford is looking for a gor which would then lock us up media wise for lenght. We need to be patient here and pull the acc trigger as late as possible without losing it and join them asap this next fall. Wait as long as possible forr b10. Announce future plans right now to expand rent and more research. Dont care if thats 5 or 50 years down the road. Announce them.

The GoR scares the hell out of me. I know that the argument out there is that people aren't sure it would hold up legally (because no one has tried to get out of one yet), but it is still a sketchy proposition. What a weird situation when it's not the 50 million dollar buyout that scares me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom