ESPN Requiem for the Big East | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ESPN Requiem for the Big East

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was not a BE basketball watcher....I do remember the Cuse-Georgetown rivalry. As very casual fan, my memories are of Thompson-Boeheim-Erving...the Cuse fast break offense with Pearl something or other.

Reaction Score
I was not a BE basketball watcher....I do remember the Cuse-Georgetown rivalry. As very casual fan, my memories are of Thompson-Boeheim-Erving...the Cuse fast break offense with Pearl something or other.

Erving? You mean Ewing? I'm sure a lot of Penn State fans are still talking about 1982 and 1986 as well.

Reaction Score
Well...if you watch a nostalgic FSU film...you can bet it focuses on the 1990's and not the 2000's.

Well, it's hard to give you a proper example because there would have to be another ACC team going to top bowl and winning 3 national championships after 1990 in order to give the proper perspective here. In an alternate universe, pretend that North Carolina somehow accomplished that (not hard to believe at a school where football players don't bother with classes, and the abundance of talent in the NC, Georgia, SC, Tidewater areas). Then the title of the .doc could be, "The Great ACC football era" with a total focus on the 3 FSU championship games, the FSU-rivalry with Clemson, Clemson's 1 national championship, and not a mention of UNC's 3 national championships afterward.

Reaction Score
Erving? You mean Ewing? I'm sure a lot of Penn State fans are still talking about 1982 and 1986 as well.

Yeah...thanks for correction...major brain fart this morning.

Reaction Score
It is a disgrace the most successful BE basketball program is left out of the documentary. We were hardly mentioned. It really is too bad there are so many fruit blowtards at ESPiN.

Reaction Score
I wonder if Calhoun knew what the documentary was about before he did his interview. I'm assuming he thought that Uconn would be mentioned in it. I would love for someone to ask him the question now that its been edited of his opinion of that hot pile of mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom