ESPN+ Rate Increase to $9.99 | The Boneyard

ESPN+ Rate Increase to $9.99

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Interesting timing with all the conference realignment and potential increases in payments for rights.

Article says the two bundle packages aren't changing their rates. Might just be a ploy to get more people to pay the $13.99 rate to bundle it with Hulu or $19.99 for the no ads bundle.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Interesting timing with all the conference realignment and potential increases in payments for rights.

Article says the two bundle packages aren't changing their rates. Might just be a ploy to get more people to pay the $13.99 rate to bundle it with Hulu or $19.99 for the no ads bundle.

I get it with Disney+ and Hulu. But I almost never use it for anything.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I get it with Disney+ and Hulu. But I almost never use it for anything.
Baseball is going to be on it in the upcoming season. I’ll probably break down and get it then.

Reaction Score
I had Hulu and ESPN + before I had Disney +. I tried to bundle them and now I just pay 3 separate bills for each. I definitely am overpaying but I can’t get the bundle charge to work properly. It’s driving me nuts. I was considering just dropping the ESPN + since I use it like 3 times a year anymore.

Reaction Score
I'd think just signing up with a different email along with a different name or significant other's name would be a way around that to make the bundle work.

Reaction Score
I had Hulu and ESPN + before I had Disney +. I tried to bundle them and now I just pay 3 separate bills for each. I definitely am overpaying but I can’t get the bundle charge to work properly. It’s driving me nuts. I was considering just dropping the ESPN + since I use it like 3 times a year anymore.
I get the package for free with Verizon Wireless. I was having trouble paying up for Hulu without commercials. When I selected the commercial free, it delinked me from the Verizon deal. I reached out to Hulu and they were shockingly responsive and helpful.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
Annoying how much pricing power ESPN+ has to a consumer like me who needs top rank boxing and UFC

Reaction Score
I remember when people told me ESPN plus would never go up when the AAC signed a deal with them.

Reaction Score
Have you tried calling customer support? I had a similar issue and the problem was that I had already also had paid for them separately at some point before the bundle. They had to cancel my accounts for all of them manually and then I had to wait until my subscription lapsed on all of them before I could resubscribe as part of a bundle. They also said that I needed to sign up for the bundle via Hulu (and not via Disney+) to get it to work. I followed all their steps and have been on the bundle since.

Reaction Score
Have you tried calling customer support? I had a similar issue and the problem was that I had already also had paid for them separately at some point before the bundle. They had to cancel my accounts for all of them manually and then I had to wait until my subscription lapsed on all of them before I could resubscribe as part of a bundle. They also said that I needed to sign up for the bundle via Hulu (and not via Disney+) to get it to work. I followed all their steps and have been on the bundle since.
I hate when businesses give better deals to new customers than their loyal ones.

Reaction Score
geez, and i felt pissy spending $5.99 / month on it during bball season - just to catch a game if there's nothing else on.

Maybe I'll try the bundle this year - they tend to have great deals on Black Friday. I've gotten Hulu for .99 cents a month two years in a row now.

Reaction Score
Just pay one bill. Just I. Principle the fact you pay for all three is offensive. Lol.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
I already thought it was overpriced. That stinks for anyone who is really into something that's only available on there.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I get ESPN sucks, but there was a 0% chance the bill went down. Tech and entertainment markets are hurting right now.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I guess I'll have to find another way to watch the national Cornhole championship

I got bored with ACL so I switched over to watching WATL. That was even more boring. And no way am I watching college spikeball.

Basically I'm holding out for them to bring back metal pointed jarts.

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
ESPN is a horrendous app. I wasted two hours of my life trying to get HookC games on any and all devices. No luck. Originally got the thing for UFC....funny how when you pay $75 the thing works flawlessly. It's dead to me now.

Reaction Score
For whatever reason, going from single sub to a bundle is a nightmare. I was getting double charged at one time. Need to make this ish easier.

Reaction Score
I get ESPN sucks, but there was a 0% chance the bill went down. Tech and entertainment markets are hurting right now.
They got greedy and now we have to bail them out. We are stuck in this bizzaro arms race between media conglomerates that have huge moats and no competition.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom