ESPN Ranks Top 100 Players | The Boneyard

ESPN Ranks Top 100 Players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Only two for us. DHam and Gibbs

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...-top-100-players-college-basketball-2015-2016

80. Daniel Hamilton, Connecticut Huskies
Sophomore | Guard
Score: 45.9

After just one season Hamilton has already shown he's a skilled passer and outstanding defensive rebounder from the wing, but even with a listed height of 6-foot-7 he made just 40 percent of his 2s.

93. Sterling Gibbs, Connecticut Huskies
Senior | Guard
Score: 40.4

After stops at Texas and Seton Hall, Gibbs is about to take the floor for his third major-conference program. The 6-foot-2 combo guard's passing and perimeter range should provide a boost to the UConn offense.

Reaction Score
Stingiest evaluation of UConn players of any of the outlets by far.

Reaction Score
Sterling Gibbs 93 lol? This list is a joke. How is uconn a top 20 team but barely have any players in the top 100?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm not one of the biggest Brimah fans, but the notion that there are 100 better college players than him is laughable.

Then again, these lists are all clickbait, so I'm not gonna get at all worked up over this.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I totally understand why Miller isn't on this list, as he played in the Ivy last year. But given how he looked skill wise the other night, I wouldn't be surprised to see him make this list at year end.

Purvis will hopefully make the list too, but his last year performance hurt his preseason ranking.

Reaction Score
There must be a ton of amazing players out there I've never heard of or seen.

Reaction Score
What a silly exercise. So many of those will fall flat on their face while plenty others not listed will have great season. I'm curious what metrics Simmons was judged on to be given a "perfect" 100, while the next closest, Dunn, got an 89.2.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Purv
What a silly exercise. So many of those will fall flat on their face while plenty others not listed will have great season. I'm curious what metrics Simmons was judged on to be given a "perfect" 100, while the next closest, Dunn, got an 89.2.
What metrics? # of Clicks.

Reaction Score
I'm surprised nobody has pointed this out -- ESPN says we're in a major conference! That must mean something,

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Major Conference in Basketball /= Major Conference in Football.

P5 + AAC, MWC, A10 and Big East = Major IMO

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
The problem is all these ESPN writers are not from CT, but live in CT because ESPN is in Bristol. So they hear UConn fans talking year round and get sick of the hype. Imagine if you moved to East Lansing, Michigan for work...how miserable would you be listening to everyone and their brother talking up Michigan St and Izzo and everything else. You may not be a fan of Michigan St...you may not even like them...but I bet you'd come to LOATHE them if you lived there and had to listen to the BS.

Moral of the story is...so what if some loser no named writer for ESPN puts together a dumb list? All that matters is winning and advancing in the NCAA tourney. Pre-season rankings/lists mean nothing. Lets win some post-season hardware.

Reaction Score
The problem is all these ESPN writers are not from CT, but live in CT because ESPN is in Bristol. So they hear UConn fans talking year round and get sick of the hype. Imagine if you moved to East Lansing, Michigan for work...how miserable would you be listening to everyone and their brother talking up Michigan St and Izzo and everything else. You may not be a fan of Michigan St...you may not even like them...but I bet you'd come to LOATHE them if you lived there and had to listen to the BS.

Moral of the story is...so what if some loser no named writer for ESPN puts together a dumb list? All that matters is winning and advancing in the NCAA tourney. Pre-season rankings/lists mean nothing. Lets win some post-season hardware.
Very valid point and one that I haven't really considered before

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits