espn radio roundtable on wcbb | The Boneyard

espn radio roundtable on wcbb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Discussion on lots of current topics in women's college basketball.

espnw_bball_300.jpg

ESPNW: 12/26

Beth Mowins, Debbie Antonelli, Mechelle Voepel, Michelle Smith, Wendy Parker and Doug Feinburg discuss rule changes, conference realignment, the NCAA tournament and more.
Link

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Some coaches don't want to see the change the 10 second rule because of the disparity of talent that the elite teams have. Teams like UConn with a great defense and talent would destroy the average teams with their lock down defens

Agree with the thought of having Vegas host the final rounds of the Women's tournament until the Final Four. I would probably include Orlando in the mix and split the Final 16. East and South go to Orlando the rest go to Vegas. Both places are destination cities and would draw families and fans.

Reaction Score
Agree with the thought of having Vegas host the final rounds of the Women's tournament until the Final Four. I would probably include Orlando in the mix and split the Final 16. East and South go to Orlando the rest go to Vegas. Both places are destination cities and would draw families and fans.

Seems like a terrible idea to me.

The local population has shown little interest in WCBB. And vacationers are not going to give up one of their days to go see WCBB. So you're entirely relying on folks traveling to those areas to see WCBB. I don't see it.

The Regionals do well when they're located within reasonable distance of the schools involved.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Seems like a terrible idea to me.

The local population has shown little interest in WCBB. And vacationers are not going to give up one of their days to go see WCBB. So you're entirely relying on folks traveling to those areas to see WCBB. I don't see it.

The Regionals do well when they're located within reasonable distance of the schools involved.
I agree completely, vg.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
nb: Debbie does point out she's "kidding" about Las Vegas, but is not against the idea of a centralized/permanent host site. (Something I think should happen with the Olympics -- rotate across four sites and revenue share)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom