espn:Purvis said that the new conference realignment, , factored in “heavily” to his decision. | The Boneyard

espn:Purvis said that the new conference realignment, , factored in “heavily” to his decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
...I KNEW it wasn't the alure of NCS...it was the allure of certain opponents.... ;)

...he may be gone by the time PITT and SU get to the ACC...

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
He is spinning things like all of us do around our choices. Cuse and Pitt may still be in the BE for his one and done season. And he has to be aware of this.

I think it would be ridiculous to be involved in something and not talk it up.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
...I KNEW it wasn't the alure of NCS...it was the allure of certain opponents.... ;)

...he may be gone by the time PITT and SU get to the ACC...
Lol. By one minute.

Reaction Score
Cuse and pitt is 2016 or 2015 to the acc...he will be long gone

Reaction Score
I wonder why the kid would even say this. I extremely doubt that it weighed anything at all.

Reaction Score
I wonder why the kid would even say this. I extremely doubt that it weighed anything at all.

Could be what he heard from NC State recruiters, about the ACC being "the" conference with the Big East defections. He may not even know that Syracuse and Pitt won't be there for awhile.

Reaction Score
Nate Blue started last season off right with a few choice quotes about UConn's demise. The NCSt recruiters start this season off intimating the same thing.

Reaction Score
Maybe he felt bad that Nc State won't claim their perennial 11th place ACC finish anymore and wanted to keep it that way.

Reaction Score
He is spinning things like all of us do around our choices. Cuse and Pitt may still be in the BE for his one and done season. And he has to be aware of this.

I think it would be ridiculous to be involved in something and not talk it up.

All true but it does raise the question about BE recruiting. We were the best basketball conference and now recruits don't even know if there will be a BE. The sooner this turmoil gets resolved the better for every team left in the BE.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
All true but it does raise the question about BE recruiting. We were the best basketball conference and now recruits don't even know if there will be a BE. The sooner this turmoil gets resolved the better for every team left in the BE.
That can't be underemphasized. It could hurt current recruiting, but I'm sure most recruits understand things the way the posters on the realignment board understand things. That is they have no clue what will ultimately happen.

Which means UConn's future, bb wise, can be in a better alignment than currently or UConn could find itself in a worse conference than currently.

I would say UConn is very fortunate JC is still at the helm. This conference realignment should be addressed within two years. And that is my worst case prediction. Most likely things will play out sooner. The loss of Cuse and Pitt makes the BE conference weaker without a doubt. But it remains to be seen if the conference becomes number 2 and the ACC number 1 even if Uconn remains in the BE and nothing changes for the BE.

Reaction Score
Lets be real here. Purvis chose NC St to be "the man." just like cj, and we all know how that turned out. I wish the kid the best but he knew he'd be fighting with with sn, rb, ng and oc for playing time.

Reaction Score
He said it because that's what's being fed to him. And to a lot of other recruits too.

Reaction Score
he wants to be a one and done. he will not be playing ball when this happens. I call BS. He wanted to stay close to home- thats a good enough reason. And- who cares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom