ESPN preview of the Pac-12. Stanford picked to win title, AZ second | The Boneyard

ESPN preview of the Pac-12. Stanford picked to win title, AZ second

Reaction Score
Not a suprise they pick Stanford to finish first in the conference. Plenty of discussion about Oregon with some about Arizona and UCLA. No (edit - or should I say "not much" or "barely any") mention of Oregon State. Really? Ignore Oregon State at your own peril.

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Not a suprise they pick Stanford to finish first in the conference. Plenty of discussion about Oregon with some about Arizona and UCLA. No mention of Oregon State. Really? Ignore Oregon State at your own peril.

No mention? Each of the panelists picked them to finish 5th, and Creme says he's projecting OSU 17th overall in his "bracket". Doesn't sound like ignoring to me.

Reaction Score
No mention? Each of the panelists picked them to finish 5th, and Creme says he's projecting OSU 17th overall in his "bracket". Doesn't sound like ignoring to me.

Wow...talk about being nit picky. Besides a couple very minor, passing comments, there is no meaningful discussion of any kind about Oregon State, especially when compared to Oregon, Arizona, Stanford and UCLA. Ok, how about "not much mention" or "barely any mention" and "nearly ignored". Better?

"And so did the results. In 2016, three Pac-12 teams reached the Elite Eight. Two of them made the Final Four and neither was Stanford (Oregon State and Washington). "

"My preseason bracket has four teams -- Stanford, Arizona, Oregon and UCLA -- in the top-16, with Oregon State at No. 17 overall. "

That's it . Two passing comments. Wupteedo. I would classify that as 1. very little mention, 2. nearly ignored, and 3. no meaningful discussion of Oregon State.

Last edited:

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I have had my eye on the PAC-12 for the last few seasons and I’ve been intrigued by the matchups and the growth of WCBB. That being said i have a lot of questions for several teams. Japreece Dean is a bigger loss for UCLA than some think IMO. She bailed them out of some games last season. They talk about Osborne taking over but she played off the ball so much last season it may impact her scoring if she has to run a team. Oregon State on the other hand has a solid group and Aleah Goodman will be solid for them at the point. Then there is the Sundevils who you can never count out. My surprise team may be USC. Trak now has 3 years of players and his sophomore class is great. I’m hoping they move up.

Can’t wait for games to start.

Reaction Score
Honestly, USC will be more dangerous than I care to admit this year. We’ll also probably see Utah take another step forward this year, while Colorado, Wazzu, and Washington will likely continue searching for answers. Emma Clarke was a huge loss for Colorado.

Reaction Score
:oops: UW has been searching for answers for a long time. Getting a bit tiresome.

Well, they did at least have the Kelsey Plum years. I don’t think Colorado has been great since the Ceal Barry years although, they did beat Kentucky in Boulder a few years back.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Well, they did at least have the Kelsey Plum years. I don’t think Colorado has been great since the Ceal Barry years although, they did beat Kentucky in Boulder a few years back.

Well yeah, that was fun. I meant ever since then. They actually had some good years off and on long before Kelsey came to Seattle.

Reaction Score
Have to say there was hardly any discussion about Stanford, other than they are projected to win the PAC-12. I'm probably alone on this, but I don't believe Arizona will finish higher than 3rd in the PAC-12.

Reaction Score
Cant understand why Oregon isnt the favorites with the best player in the country as well as the deepest most talented bench. TVD has shown a shocking lack of talent development lately, this aint the late 1980s.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Cant understand why Oregon isnt the favorites with the best player in the country as well as the deepest most talented bench. TVD has shown a shocking lack of talent development lately, this aint the late 1980s.

Some of them took a year or two to develop, but I seem to recall many players developing just fine recently. McCall, Karlie Samuelson, McPhee, Kiana Williams, Lexie Hull, probably plenty of others. They've had a few that didn't pan out, but most programs do.

Perfectly understandable that Stanford was the preseason pick. Prince and Sabally had both missed 2 straight seasons and had never played in an actual college game, and the Ducks have a bunch of freshmen. A bit hard to project just what that would look like.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom