ESPN Predictions on Tonight's Game | The Boneyard

ESPN Predictions on Tonight's Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
DOOOOOOMED! This is from the daily word...here's the link to some more that they have on our game (http://espn.go.com/ncb/notebook/_/page/dailyword141218/daily-word)

3. What's the final score, and why?

Katz: I'm covering the game, but this would be an upset if UConn can pull it off. Duke appears to be a much better scoring team at this juncture, which could mean a double-digit win. But we've learned many times under Ollie the past two years to never count this team out when it appears the Huskies are done. Duke is not unbeatable. The Huskies have the personnel to pull off the win. But they must play their best game of the season to do so.

O'Neil: Duke 83, UConn 72. The Blue Devils, to me, are head and shoulders above most teams in college basketball this season, so that's not meant to be an insult pick. They are solid at every position, smart and selfless ... a tough combo to beat.

Goodman: Duke 77, UConn 69. The Blue Devils are better at virtually every position -- and that includes point guard. The only way UConn wins is if Boatright and Hamilton combine for about 50 -- and they get into the lane and are able to get Okafor into foul trouble. Even if the Huskies contain Okafor, the Blue Devils have enough other weapons to win this with ease.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Where's Digger Phelps when you need him?

Reaction Score
The more I hear and read about Goodman the more I truly dislike this idiot with a passion. How does a dipshit like him get that job? So much fun shutting these s up like last years run; would love to do it again.

Reaction Score
"Not."

So in the context here, which position does he think we're better at? There are only 5, so anything but literally every position is 80% or less, which does feel like "virtually every position" to me.

Really, my point is that Goodman is a big dope who doesn't know how to write.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Unanimous selection of tbe opposing team... just how we like it.

Reaction Score
Whether we win or lose we will probably have to listen to Dookie Vital have an talking about Okafor and Duke in general.

Reaction Score
I'm not even sure what the basis for a prediction of a UConn win would be. I think Katz is about as charitable as you can be.
So, are we allowed to root for UConn? I don't want to get on the wrong side of the realist contingent here.

Reaction Score
So, are we allowed to root for UConn? I don't want to get on the wrong side of the realist contingent here.

Of course you can, because being a fan is not the same as being a journalist asked to predict who's going to win a game based on empirical evidence. Apparently it's a distinction that's lost on all those people upset by ESPN "pundits" making pretty obvious predictions.

Reaction Score
I'm not even sure what the basis for a prediction of a UConn win would be. I think Katz is about as charitable as you can be.
Well, we are a total of 2 points and 2 seconds away from being 6-1.
How's that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger