ESPN Picks for the upcoming season | The Boneyard

ESPN Picks for the upcoming season

Reaction Score
Nothing bold in any of those Final 4 or NCAA WBB Championship Picks.

Reaction Score
Nothing new. Not surprised by these predictions.

Enough with the "expert" opinions. Let the season begin. Let's get on the hardwood and play ball.

I wish I could accommodate you right NOW.

But TUESDAY ain't far away.

Reaction Score
The reigning POY will not be POY in the upcoming season. Awesome.

I don’t think Paige will have any problem with just being another All-American as long as her team wins the championship (and as a bonus her backcourt partner Azzi is freshman of the year).

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
I disagree....it WILL be just the opposite!!!! UConn WILL beat S.C. in Columbia for sure. It's NOT a guarantee that S.C. WILL make the championship in Battle4Atlantis. Also, when UConn make it to the NCAA Championship....they WILL be bringing number #12 back to Storrs!!!!

Reaction Score
224E9F9D-7439-4252-BB30-1CCDE6C9BD90.jpeg

My feelings about the article summed up….

Reaction Score
Charlie Creme is making a big pick by saying SC will beat Oregon in the Battle 4 Atlantis. Not much was said of the Pac 12. Remember they had two teams in the NC game. They also have five teams in any preseason poll.

Its time to find out.

Reaction Score
1. If UCONN was still in the American, the entire preseason would've been about Paige, similar to Sabrina Sabrina Sabrina was in 2019 & 2020. However, ESPN gets nothing out of hyping up Paige during the regular season, because they can't showcase her. Fox owns the rights to the BE, so they're not going to hype up a player that they can't maximize This is similar to that UCLA gymnast Katelynn Ohashi, who ESPN shoved down everyone's throats, but ignored Simone Biles every time she had a meet.

2. I firmly believe that all of those people would've picked Paige if the production crew would've let them.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
1. If UCONN was still in the American, the entire preseason would've been about Paige, similar to Sabrina Sabrina Sabrina was in 2019 & 2020. However, ESPN gets nothing out of hyping up Paige during the regular season, because they can't showcase her. Fox owns the rights to the BE, so they're not going to hype up a player that they can't maximize This is similar to that UCLA gymnast Katelynn Ohashi, who ESPN shoved down everyone's throats, but ignored Simone Biles every time she had a meet.

2. I firmly believe that all of those people would've picked Paige if the production crew would've let them.
I think there is truth to this though, ironically, this season there will be more UConn games on the ABC/ESPN network than the Fox network.

Reaction Score
the only person that picked Uconn was CREME? Doomed

Surprised only one picked Stanford, I definitely give credit to the person who had the guts to pick Maryland over Uconn in the final. I've said they are being ignored and should be in that final 4 conversation. No real complaints for player of the year except I would pick Clark.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
the only person that picked Uconn was CREME? Doomed

Surprised only one picked Stanford, I definitely give credit to the person who had the guts to pick Maryland over Uconn in the final. I've said they are being ignored and should be in that final 4 conversation. No real complaints for player of the year except I would pick Clark.
You must mean semi-final. Guts? LOL No one knows who this guy is. No one cares what he thinks. In April no one will remember his prediction.

Exactly who is ignoring Maryland? They are ranked pre-season 4/5.

Reaction Score
You must mean semi-final. Guts? LOL No one knows who this guy is. No one cares what he thinks. In April no one will remember his prediction.

Exactly who is ignoring Maryland? They are ranked pre-season 4/5.
I mean that all the other 3 had Uconn in the final, obviously idk if Uconn would meet Maryland in the semis but he was the only person with courage to not include UConn in the final. And if he is wrong so what? That's not a reason to discredit someone. I don't have to agree with someone, but I'm not going to say who cares about their opinion.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Maryland in the final this year? The team that lost to Texas last year has added not much this year. E 8 again for Frese IMO.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I mean that all the other 3 had Uconn in the final, obviously idk if Uconn would meet Maryland in the semis but he was the only person with courage to not include UConn in the final. And if he is wrong so what? That's not a reason to discredit someone. I don't have to agree with someone, but I'm not going to say who cares about their opinion.
Courage? Guts? Come on. Stop diminishing the meaning of those words.

I'm not discrediting his opinion; I'm challenging your declaration that his opinion was somehow took "guts." It's a WCBB prediction in November by someone I had to google. It's not like he's putting a lot on the line.

Reaction Score
I think Creme saw all the hate on the BY :rolleyes: I dont think Paige cares about getting POY, she wants a championship

Reaction Score

Why does it have to be called "courage" by some if someone feels the pick is "outrageous" for example? If someone feels it "outrageous" then there is nothing wrong with having "the courage" to speak up prior to the event happening and making their opinion known, right?

And why should we care about his (is it even a "he?") or any non-UCONN sportswriter’s opinion from an article on the internet after today? I'm supposed to be thinking about "his opinion" the next month - 3 months etc.?

For me - I don't. I have my own expectations and am excited for season to begin. Don't understand why I should care about someone else's prediction that I don't even know.

Reaction Score
I see we’re all still anxiously awaiting the start of the season. Hold on, it’s almost here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RollSkis

Top Bottom