ESPN: Pastner On Shortlist to ASU if Sendek Let Go | The Boneyard

ESPN: Pastner On Shortlist to ASU if Sendek Let Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Yeah, this is a guy who is about to be fired at Memphis. Not gonna matter what ASU does.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Didn't ASU want Jamie Dixon last time around? Wonder if his time has passed.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
I hear what you're all saying, and I completely agree that he hasn't come through. Especially in the post season. I guess my point is that you can do a lot worse than Pastner.

Reaction Score
I hear what you're all saying, and I completely agree that he hasn't come through. Especially in the post season. I guess my point is that you can do a lot worse than Pastner.
Memphis fans care about basketball. The school cares about basketball. It's got built in recruiting grounds in the city. They can attract a very good coach, and the only reason someone would leave Memphis for a school like Arizona State is that they know they're going to be fired.

Hell, that's why Sendek left NC State.

They can attract a much better coach than Pastner.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
But who would hire parents onto the staff in order to secure their children on future rosters???

HoF Coach Larry Brown hired Danny Manning's father Ed as he recruited Danny his senior year in HS to come to Kansas
Just a fact Big Ern - get it?

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Coach Pastner went to school at Az. This might appeal to him. I wonder if the family he recruited (father and two sons), would now go elsewhere.

he is an outstanding recruiter.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
Coach Pastner went to school at Az. This might appeal to him. I wonder if the family he recruited (father and two sons), would now go elsewhere.

he is an outstanding recruiter.

I'm sure we would bring in a few more 5 star recruits if we had the academic standards of an elementary school and a coaching staff with a willingness to sell the souls of children to get a commitment.

Reaction Score
Memphis can get a lot of coaches, they have a lot of money (Fedex) and pay their coaches well. Pastner makes more than Ollie I believe.

It is a good job and Pastner is terrible.

Reaction Score
Pastner is a U of A guy ,they view ASU like Harvard views Northeastern.
The Tuscon elitism is a head scratcher since both schools are rated fairly closely
Of course if the choice was ASU vs Memphis acedemically Pastner will think he is in the Ivies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom