ESPN, nice downplay of this game | The Boneyard

ESPN, nice downplay of this game

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
This was not on their network, so why would they choose to advertise for a competitor.? I see nothing to get cranked up about here. Let's all look for something else to gripe about for today. :eek:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
They typically try to drive traffic to live games in progress on their networks. That's just normal promo stuff that all networks do.

They do have a write-up on the game at the top of their headline ticker.

I won't object as long as Notre Dame gets blown out.

Reaction Score
I thought Fox was horrible. They didn't know any of the players on either team. They called at least two different TN players Burrell. At one point the woman who was calling the game said #85 (I think she meant #35 Azzi Fudd), but seriously you don't know the players? At one point the scoreboard said TN72 - CT52 - I think they had the TN score inverted, but, geeze - CPTV did a better job.

Reaction Score
I thought Fox was horrible. They didn't know any of the players on either team. They called at least two different TN players Burrell. At one point the woman who was calling the game said #85 (I think she meant #35 Azzi Fudd), but seriously you don't know the players? At one point the scoreboard said TN72 - CT52 - I think they had the TN score inverted, but, geeze - CPTV did a better job.
Yes, I saw that when Fox transposed the numbers.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I saw ESPN's TX vs Baylor half-time show and they dedicated about 1/3rd of their time to the UCONN vs TENN game. So... there's that.
Who were the halftime commentators and what did they say?

Reaction Score
Right after the Uconn game finished ESPN had at least 2 Uconn clips featuring Azzi on it. Timeliness is a big factor. They are a sports NEWS site after all.

Reaction Score
3FB61625-1120-4717-B495-486A955A9B78.jpeg

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
One of my good friends and I were just rehashing the game. He and I have been going to women's games since the mid 80's. That streak stopped in the covid era.
This win made us both think think of another UConn - TN game played at the Civic Center. That's the game that Diana nailed a 1/2 court shot at the halftime buzzer. Geno looked as surprised as we were.
Today we have that same kind of euphoric feeling.

Reaction Score
One of my good friends and I were just rehashing the game. He and I have been going to women's games since the mid 80's. That streak stopped in the covid era.
This win made us both think think of another UConn - TN game played at the Civic Center. That's the game that Diana nailed a 1/2 court shot at the halftime buzzer. Geno looked as surprised as we were.
Today we have that same kind of euphoric feeling.
I was also there. DT's shot was more like a 3/4 court shot, at least 15 feet behind half court. Question, was that the blizzard game?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom