ESPN New Recruiting Class Rankings after Azzi Commitment | Page 3 | The Boneyard

ESPN New Recruiting Class Rankings after Azzi Commitment

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
This is ESPNs rankings The Tonyc rankings has UConn with the number 1 class and I think if you look at Blue Stars gurlz rankings you'll see UConns class as number 1.. I remember it used to be UConn and Tenn and then UConn and ND and UConn and Baylor

Reaction Score
Recruitment classes are one thing. The coaching of those recruiting classes are another. I sort of like our chances. Also, come to think of it, I don't want Uconn to be one of those schools that contend for a national title once every ten or twelve years. I like it when we are in the mix every year - you know, like we've been every year for the past twenty five years.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I guess I would have to question whether a recruit should lose her rank because of an injury? Maybe they could put an asterisk next to injured players but imo they should not change their ranking for anything but on court performance.
I would have to disagree. Morgan Tuck, Gabby Williams, Jessica Shepard and ONO are among the more famous players whose rankings fell due to injury. Injuries unfortunately are a part of the game and impacts your ability to perform on the court.

Reaction Score
Let's factor in that Geno taught the SC coach, whose name I can't remember, just about all she knows about coaching.

Didn't realize that ND was so highly rated.
Disrespectful in more than one way

Reaction Score
Wait what? Great recruits would be a Top 5 type or Top 3 type. What Top 5/3 recruit for UConn has not “panned out”? Only Chrystal at #3 did not make All American but hardly her fault for us not winning a title in her 4 years. Baylor won a title with highly rated Brown and Cox. ND had Arike and Sheppard, SC had Wilson. So who exactly won with less heralded talent????:confused:
Tammy Arnold

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Funny how people get worked up by class rankings....they're utterly meaningless and the top ranked class almost always winds up with multiple transfers and rarely wins titles:

2018: #1 Class was Baylor, 2 of the 5 have transferred. #2 was UCONN and both are still there.

2017: #1 Class was Tennessee, 2 of the 4 have transferred. #2 was UCONN and none of those players are on the Huskies anymore in what should be their senior season.

2016: #1 was Maryland, 3 of their 6 transferred, including their top 2 recruits. #2 was Baylor, 1 of their 3 transferred. #3 was Oregon and 4 of their 7 transferred.

2015: #1 was Duke...their top recruit left after a year and 2 others eventually transferred meaning just 1 of the 4 stayed all 4 years. #2 was Louisville who had 3 of their 5 transfer.

2014: #1 was UCLA, 4 of 5 stayed all 4 years. #2 was South Carolina and 2 of their 5 transferred.

2013: #1 was North Carolina, all 4 transferred by the end of their sophomore year. #2 was Duke, 3 of the 4 stayed all 4 years.

Ironically the only #1 class since 2012 to reach a Final Four was Baylor's in 2018, in which only 1 of their freshman had any sort of impactful role during their season.

It's great to be excited for incoming classes, especially when you have a lot of talented kids on board...but looking at it through a realistic eye, both SC and UCONN have some serious logjams for playing time and while it's fun to be ranked the #1 recruiting class, it is usually meaningless in terms of team success in the long run.
And this is emblematic of why I love @bballnut90 's contributions here. Fantastic data-driven and evidence-based analysis.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Tammy Arnold
So you reach into the treasure trove from 1995 to pull out a qualifier to say what Watchdog was intimating we haven't won a title in 4 years because recruits didn't develop. Talk about a lack of context...which by the way, we won a title in 1995...:confused:

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
This is ESPNs rankings The Tonyc rankings has UConn with the number 1 class and I think if you look at Blue Stars gurlz rankings you'll see UConns class as number 1.. I remember it used to be UConn and Tenn and then UConn and ND and UConn and Baylor

Reaction Score

Just out of curiosity, has the TonyC rankings ever NOT had UConn as the number 1 class?

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
There is only One Number 1 and if your not number1 the view never changes LOL

Reaction Score
There is only One Number 1 and if your not number1 the view never changes LOL

1606087805239.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics