ESPN NBA Draft article, Lamb and Drummond | The Boneyard

ESPN NBA Draft article, Lamb and Drummond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can someone paste the parts that just pertain to Lamb & Drummond, or is that against the rules?

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Can someone paste the parts that just pertain to Lamb & Drummond, or is that against the rules?

Against the rules, but the basics are:
- Ranked Drummond right behind Anthony Davis in terms of the "Freshman" ... says he has the best NBA body
- Lamb has to show he can become a leader on the floor and not defer ... if he improves his strength, shot selection could be a high pick in the draft.

Poe

Reaction Score
- Ranked Drummond right behind Anthony Davis in terms of the "Freshman" ... says he has the best NBA body
- Lamb has to show he can become a leader on the floor and not defer ... if he improves his strength, shot selection could be a high pick in the draft.

Improve shot selection? Personally, I did not see anything wrong with Jeremy's shot selection last season, unless a running floater that he makes 95% of the time is considered poor shot selection.

Reaction Score

Are those "Boneyard" rules or "scout.com" rules?

I see other independent forums posting full Insider articles all the time. I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I can see why scout might not want it happening on their boards.

Reaction Score

I see other independent forums posting full Insider articles all the time. I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I can see why scout might not want it happening on their boards.
It has to do with copyright laws. The general rule of thumb I've been told is that you can cut and paste up to 10% of an article in a post. I don't think the Drummond and Lamb parts are more than 10% of the article so if anyone wants to cut and paste those parts I wouldn't object.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score

What would be the point of having a pay service if people could just copy and paste it everywhere? As dumb as Insider may be, seems like a pretty solid rule to me.

Reaction Score
Not knocking the board rule because it is what is and the board is protecting itself, but I frequent other message boards that have way more traffic than this and the previous scout board and insider articles are posted freely on there. I don't think the Feds are taking people down yet.

What would be the point of having a pay service if people could just copy and paste it everywhere? As dumb as Insider may be, seems like a pretty solid rule to me.

Reaction Score
Who was the one guy on the scout football board who, after some posted a portion of an article, contacted the author to advise him of the injustice and suggest he take action against us? LOL!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Not knocking the board rule because it is what is and the board is protecting itself, but I frequent other message boards that have way more traffic than this and the previous scout board and insider articles are posted freely on there. I don't think the Feds are taking people down yet.

Yeah, it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but the last thing Tom needs is another lawsuit.

Not a big deal policy wise, as it's pretty easy to pic out the relevant points of almost any article.

Reaction Score
It said the most generic things possible about each player. If you have read any scouting reports/ followed the boards fairly closely over the last 6 months you know everything about lamb and drummond that is stated in the article. Drummond is #3 and Lamb is #16

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
It said the most generic things possible ...

That's mostly true for every one of these supposed "insider" articles ... I just have it for the magazine!

Reaction Score
Some articles aren't that great. However, I'm a person that likes details and insider does give more in depth info on many subjects. UConn bball I already have an in depth knowledge of, but there are other things that it informs me about. Also, I split the subscription with others, so that makes it worth it.

Reaction Score
Yeah, it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but the last thing Tom needs is another lawsuit.

Not a big deal policy wise, as it's pretty easy to pic out the relevant points of almost any article.
ThX intlzncster...I'm a lawyer. As long as I'm around if the board ever needs anything I would be glad to help. Take care.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Who was the one guy on the scout football board who, after some posted a portion of an article, contacted the author to advise him of the injustice and suggest he take action against us? LOL!
the only thing worse that i can think of is Pat Summitt sending a 39 page report to the NCAA accusing Geno and the woman's program of recruiting violations which included posters on the boneyard, speficially TonyC - a long time poster and uber-cheerleader for all things related to WCBB.

in case anyone cares or remembers, of all the hoopla and crap Tennessee threw at UCONN, a single secondary violation was all that was confirmed. Apparently one of the staff members at UCONN called ESPN to arrange a tour for Maya Moore, the #1 recruit in her class (a tour that is free, by the way, and one that Maya could have easily done herself, but it was the UCONN staffer who picked up the phone), and it was deemed that the phone call was inappropriate, and therefore a 2ndary violation.

Reaction Score
the only thing worse that i can think of is Pat Summitt sending a 39 page report to the NCAA accusing Geno and the woman's program of recruiting violations which included posters on the boneyard, speficially TonyC - a long time poster and uber-cheerleader for all things related to WCBB.
Whoa, whoa, whoa. I'm going to need more details about this, specifically the part about how the BY was included in Summitt's report! That's unbelievably hilarious!:D

I knew about the whole Maya thing, but that is unreal.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Whoa, whoa, whoa. I'm going to need more details about this, specifically the part about how the BY was included in Summitt's report! That's unbelievably hilarious!:D

I knew about the whole Maya thing, but that is unreal.
well the complaint was hysterical. complaining about former UCONN greats Taurasi and Bird serving as recruiters, those 2 serving as hostesses, the media interviewing recruits and...

• Fans had signs directed at the prospects, clearly aware who would be present.
• Fans gave prospects' parents the signs they had made for their daughters.

and they copied and pasted posts from the boneyard where this was discussed, specifically posts by TonyC about it. they tried to keep it hush hush saying it came from the SEC, but eveyrone knew it came from Summitt.

Reaction Score
well the complaint was hysterical. complaining about former UCONN greats Taurasi and Bird serving as recruiters, those 2 serving as hostesses, the media interviewing recruits and...

• Fans had signs directed at the prospects, clearly aware who would be present.
• Fans gave prospects' parents the signs they had made for their daughters.

and they copied and pasted posts from the boneyard where this was discussed, specifically posts by TonyC about it. they tried to keep it hush hush saying it came from the SEC, but eveyrone knew it came from Summitt.
That's too funny. Sad, but funny.

Reaction Score
Yeah, the PDF report had like 10 screenshots of the Boneyard IIRC, hilarious

Reaction Score
Yeah, the PDF report had like 10 screenshots of the Boneyard IIRC, hilarious
I just found the pdf online. I literally cracked up when I saw the screenshots.

But, I digress. I can't wait for this season to start!!!

Reaction Score
Cmon guys stop being such a buzzkill just post the damn article jeez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom