ESPN List top 100 transfers eligible for 2019 | The Boneyard

ESPN List top 100 transfers eligible for 2019

Reaction Score
Just went through the list and unless I’ve missed something there is no one still left who could be a Carlton backup. Is that correct? Are we working off a top 200 transfer list? I don’t understand how we did not get someone. A lot of the players committed to schoolsthat never won a thing and while we have a good class of 3 freshman players coming I have to say that this is a disappointment at this stage. Hurley maybe thinks we have enough as we stand?

Reaction Score
I'm comfortable with the staff just waiting until next year if they have no options of the appropriate caliber left in the market. As desperate as we all are to get back on top I'm feeling confident that building the program responsibly will pay off in the end. I see a lot of parallels between Hurley's program building and the early steps of Jurgen Klopp building Liverpool back up.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Just went through the list and unless I’ve missed something there is no one still left who could be a Carlton backup. Is that correct? Are we working off a top 200 transfer list? I don’t understand how we did not get someone. A lot of the players committed to schoolsthat never won a thing and while we have a good class of 3 freshman players coming I have to say that this is a disappointment at this stage. Hurley maybe thinks we have enough as we stand?

Well, in theory Kerry Blackshear. Although he’d start. But no, nobody who is an immediately eligible transfer. Manuel the JUCO is our one shot.

Reaction Score
Waiting on Valdir Manuel, if not him then we roll with what we already have.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Whaley, diarra or Manuel will have to step up for 10+ min a game. Hope for the best.

Reaction Score
Akok should see plenty of minutes with the current lineup we have, which I'm very excited about.

This sets us up well for a solid recruiting message to top-level Centers for 2020. Come to UConn, play for one year behind Josh (potentially start alongside him depending on if Akok leaves), then by year 2 you're a starter.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Respectfully disagree.

You see, this is the peril with people who don't follow college basketball at large when UConn isn't dominant. They aren't aware of how the landscape of the game has changed. Or, if they are, when they observe changes that don't bode well for UConn, they plug their ears and pretend those changes aren't happening.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You see, this is the peril with people who don't follow college basketball at large when UConn isn't dominant. They aren't aware of how the landscape of the game has changed. Or, if they are, when they observe changes that don't bode well for UConn, they plug their ears and pretend those changes aren't happening.
"How things are is how they will always be" is the credo of small minds. I have faith in the staff, the university and the brand. We'll get there.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
"How things are is how they will always be" is the credo of small minds. I have faith the staff, the university and the brand. We'll get there.

No matter how much Hurley and co. will improve UConn's standing from its present position, recruits at large will still be going to schools UConn homers regard as inferior. How do you suggest the future will be different?

As an aside, if blind faith is enough for you, then I don't know what else to tell you...

CL82

Reaction Score
No matter how much Hurley and co. will improve UConn's standing from its present position, recruits at large will still be going to schools UConn homers regard as inferior. How do you suggest the future will be different?

As an aside, if blind faith is enough for you, then I don't know what else to tell you...
Nope. You look at the staff and their work and the degree of interest that they gotten so far and that foreshadows good things to come.

Reaction Score
If only Hurley had a plan for what he wants to do to get another big man

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Nope. You look at the staff and their work and the degree of interest that they gotten so far and that foreshadows good things to come.

So you think that's enough to reverse macro-level trends in college basketball recruiting?

Also, is our staff recruiting in a vacuum? Or do other programs--the ones who haven't won anything--have staffs who are garnering high levels of interest and putting in work too?

I'm not saying things won't get better. What I am saying is that "better" is not the "better" of past eras. Texas Tech and Auburn aren't going to fade into the background just because Hurley improves our recruiting.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
It's been Stain's rallying cry ever since he had to get rid of his whole Hurley will never come to UConn shtick.

Okay, make your case as to why recruits will stop going to schools that "never won a thing" in the near future, and why Dan Hurley will have anything to do with that.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
@superjohn remember when you told us Hurley would be freeing up scholarships? Remember when that didn't happen?

Seems like UConn's trip back to big boy status is going at a different pace in real life than it is in your mind.

CL82

Reaction Score
Yes, yes I do. Quality people find a way to succeed.

You are doing some weird projection here. I really have zero interest in what Superjohn did or did not post.

Last edited:

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Yes, yes I do. Quality people find a way to succeed.

You haven't addressed any of my points. All I see are feel-good platitudes.

Again, I don't disagree that Hurley will "find a way to succeed," per se. There is nothing out there that suggests Hurley finding success will somehow drive these other programs back into oblivion. There are far more moving parts involved than that.

Reaction Score
Okay, make your case as to why recruits will stop going to schools that "never won a thing" in the near future, and why Dan Hurley will have anything to do with that.
I don't have to make any case. We got Hurley, other schools are going to get good coaches too. We got and will continue to get good recruits, other schools will too.

Reaction Score
@superjohn remember when you told us Hurley would be freeing up scholarships? Remember when that didn't happen?

Seems like UConn's trip back to big boy status is going at a different pace in real life than it is in your mind.
We're in the process of freeing up one now. Whaley didn't want to leave and Hurley didn't want to force him out.

CL82

Reaction Score
You haven't addressed any of my points. All I see are feel-good platitudes.

Again, I don't disagree that Hurley will "find a way to succeed," per se. There is nothing out there that suggests Hurley finding success will somehow drive these other programs back into oblivion. There are far more moving parts involved than that.
Lol, your points are nonsense, with vague assertions of "micro-trends" and nonsensical assertions of UConn homers and "inferior" programs. There's nothing there to talk about. Sorry.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
I don't have to make any case. We got Hurley, other schools are going to get good coaches too. We got and will continue to get good recruits, other schools will too.

Take it up with @CL82 then. When I said that other schools would continue to get good recruits as well, he said he disagreed with me.

CL82

Reaction Score
Take it up with @CL82 then. When I said that other schools would continue to get good recruits as well, he said he disagreed with me.
Lol, nope. In your chosen career you need to will need to read and interpret with accuracy. It looks like you might want to work that skill set.

Reaction Score
You create these things in your head. Yep, UConn fans don't think there are any other programs playing D1 basketball. Stick with that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom