ESPN: Is UCONN on UPSET ALert | The Boneyard

ESPN: Is UCONN on UPSET ALert

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
A Theme of the Day for Sports Center. Developing ....

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Who knew Dawn was a Bob Dylan fan, right?

I can't think for you, you'll have to decide, whether Judas Iscariot had God on his side. Thank you, Mr. Dylan. :confused:

Reaction Score
If Wilson dominates and SC beats UConn she has my vote for POY.................of course my vote doesn't count for anything and she's still going to win it if she only scores 4 points and SC loses as we all hope..........

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Oh God, a Jesuit in our midst. Head bang:D
Not one personally, but I know a few. But that song sticks with me after all these years and is still relevant. And besides, it's Dylan! :)

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Maybe, but specifically a Christian Gnostic. Amazingly, this document was discovered after Dylan wrote the song, but from the verse you'd definitely think he had it in mind:
Gospel of Judas - Wikipedia
I am not sure what Dylan believes , but he certainly challenges others to question what they think they believe. Interesting article on the Gospel of Judas and I vaguely remember hearing of it in the past. I have always thought that Dylan just wanted to express himself and his music, and that he did not particularly care to explain himself or convert those who questioned him. An artist, but not a preacher, imho. Thanks for your thoughtful post.

Reaction Score
Haven't seen the "Upset Alert" stuff on ESPN...haven't been watching, but it's Odd...All Five of the ESPN CWBB "Experts" pick UConn. interesting that the daytime anchors (not WBB "Experts" would be talking "upset"..????) Just seems strange.

Reaction Score
Haven't seen the "Upset Alert" stuff on ESPN...haven't been watching, but it's Odd...All Five of the ESPN CWBB "Experts" pick UConn. interesting that the daytime anchors (not WBB "Experts" would be talking "upset"..????) Just seems strange.
From a basketball standpoint, possible but not highly probable. From a ratings standpoint, drawing a larger audience, an upset becomes "probable."

Reaction Score
either that or they'll be talking about NC about to be dethroned.

Reaction Score
I am not sure what Dylan believes , but he certainly challenges others to question what they think they believe. Interesting article on the Gospel of Judas and I vaguely remember hearing of it in the past. I have always thought that Dylan just wanted to express himself and his music, and that he did not particularly care to explain himself or convert those who questioned him. An artist, but not a preacher, imho. Thanks for your thoughtful post.
Thanks, Bama fan. Always interested to hear about Dylan and your thoughtful remarks as well.
We are getting off topic, and therefore risk moderator intervention, but I'm completely undisciplined about Dylan--whom I can't read enough of. I respectfully disagree about whether Dylan ever tried to persuade people. I think that's true of his political views, but during his Christian phase (late 70s to mid/late 80s) I believe he thought of himself as an evangelist. Always impossible to know what's in someone else's heart of course, but that's the way I read him, at least.

Reaction Score
Got to make a story somehow. Got to have "drama". REAL crappy broadcasting has to take a backseat to the drama.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
According to one article I read Dawn thinks god is on her side. If there is a god, I don't think this game is going to be high on his/her list. Bottom line - she is going to need more than god.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Maybe, but specifically a Christian Gnostic. Amazingly, this document was discovered after Dylan wrote the song, but from the verse you'd definitely think he had it in mind:
Gospel of Judas - Wikipedia
And our Ole’ Perfessor doesn’t disappoint... :)

That said, yes stick to the topic on how ESPN is hyping an upset to create interest when they should embrace the UConn aura and ask “can anyone really beat them without it being a fluke?”

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Really don't want music today?

According to one article I read Dawn thinks god is on her side. If there is a god, I don't think this game is going to be high on his/her list. Bottom line - she is going to need more than god.

She said tonight you will believe in God in her pregame presser. Suppose to be a way of saying miracles do happen I guess. She's got hoof and mouth disease. All sorts of Big East teams had God on their side, but it didn't help them. Finally they threw UConn out of their league.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
A Theme of the Day for Sports Center. Developing ....
Congratulations, if your goal was to irritate the heck out of us on the day of a big game! It’s not as if we are already frustrated with ESPN and you throw “gasoline on the embers”/“toss a drowning man a cinderblock”, you have succeeded! :confused::rolleyes:Head bang

You cursed devil you!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Congratulations, if your goal was to irritate the heck out of us on the day of a big game! It’s not as if we are already frustrated with ESPN and you throw “gasoline on the embers”/“toss a drowning man a cinderblock”, you have succeeded! :confused::rolleyes:Head bang

You cursed devil you!

A high compliment coming from a FlameThrower such as you @DefenseBB. I had to leave about 25 minutes later and nothing on ASC was remorely UConn, so ... damn their eyes! On the other hand all the fluids in my truck are Okey Dokey and I'm good for another 8500 miles. :)

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I have it on good authority that Geno was shaving to this music this morning. :)

Assuming that Geno is going to shave today is a bit of a stretch. Lately he seems to consider shaving an optional activity. ;)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Assuming that Geno is going to shave today is a bit of a stretch. Lately he seems to consider shaving an optional activity. ;)

LMOAO. And then there is the whole question of whether Kathy can get him out of bed!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom