ESPN Is Trying To Help UConn? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ESPN Is Trying To Help UConn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Well, if you believe Pitt was grabbed because the B12 had plans for them, than taking UL makes some sense. Like that board game (Risk?) where you try to conquer nations, the conferences are trying to own contiguous populated markets when possible. And there is a Connecticut shaped hole in the ACC map.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
ESPN offered the league a ton of money. The Big East turned it down. They ended up paying more for less, yet there haven't been high profile firings....I know it's crazy but just maybe they don't pull all the strings.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yes. Like the cat is trying to help the mouse, and the Germans are trying to help the French.
To be fair the Germans are trying but the French keep surrendering.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Most of the "talent" are arrogant, egotistical d'heads. They hate living in Connecticut and take it out on UConn.

I don't think that is it. Connecticut is not a bad place to live. This is more personal. Someone at UConn or the state has really pissed Disney/ESPN off.

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
35 posts and you're the boss here? Go back under your rock or talk to yourself with one of your other usernames.

I have no idea who you are and what your point is but I am just stating the obvious. Don't think I was acting like boss in any way. Some of you live and die based on these obscure peoples twitter accounts and you put so much stock in them. Why has the internet dumbed us all down to such an extent that we have ceased to be rationale about realignment. We may or may not go to another conference but I am not going to listen to people get so worked up about every post someone throws up with out bringing a dose of reality. I hope we leave... but I am not holding my breathe. I am going to just let things play out and enjoy my teams play. I may have embellished my point and I know that there are some WV fans that aren't backward inbreds with more then a half a set of teeth, but for the record I do not have multiple usernames. THough it was fun watching and other speculate to who I was. I wish I had the time to care as much as you do about other posters. I grew up a Husky fan and forever will be one. I just don't want to be one of "those" Husky fans that people from other conferences shake their heads at.

Reaction Score
If anyone watched the Netflix series "House of Cards," ESPN's help is kind of like how the Spacey character helped that congressman from Philly. After destroying him, it tries to prop him up a little bit, uses him as a pawn, until supporting him is no longer convenient. The Philly rep. gets miserably drunk, and then ESPN puts him out of his misery by leaving him in his car, the engine running, and shutting his garage door.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Why? I'm not saying it is or isn't true. I want to know what reason our reasons exist for espnTo want to target UConn? There has to be something tangible that be identified as a turning point. Why not Pitt, who spearheaded turning down of the espn contract.

UConn, for the past decade or so, was the face of the Big East. So ESPN cuts off the head and the body dies, so to speak...

Reaction Score
UConn, for the past decade or so, was the face of the Big East. So ESPN cuts off the head and the body dies, so to speak...
Eh, makes no sense. UConn would have left for the ACC when SU, Pitt or Louisville did.

wasn't like they were trying to get UConn and uconn kept saying no.

If what Nelson claims is true, that someone in the state or associated with the school, infuriated ESPN, then who and what was said?

Reaction Score
I'm not defending espn. I even buy that they vowed to destroy the big east and did. I want to know why some believe they have targeted UCONN. There has to be a reason our set of them.

I am seriously interested in what folks think it was/is.

I believe espn could save us if they wanted to, that I do believe question is why don't they?

Was just having some fun earlier...

Reaction Score
ESPN is all about appeasing shareholders. Screwing the BE and UConn is just a perk.

Reaction Score
ESPN is all about appeasing shareholders. Screwing the BE and UConn is just a perk.

Killing the BE simplifies the narrative.

Now they can focus on really important stuff like : MJ's 5oth Birthday, and the 10th Anniversary of Herm Edwards saying "You play to win the game".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom