ESPN Is Detestable | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ESPN Is Detestable

Reaction Score
ESPN is terrible. They've been bad for a while now, hence the years and years of losing anchors/commentators, poor coverage choices and overall poor programming. For those of us that like to read into more than just the scores and major breaking news happening around the wide world of sports, without having to pay for a monthly subscription, imo it's just not a good place to go. I use CBS Sports, Bleacher Report, and NFL app for news. Just to clarify, it's not a user problem, and I have my favorite teams selected/pinned in the app but still have to seemingly pay for a lot of the content.

I imagine this may trigger some folks on here though since it's CT based and there's quite a few UCONN grads working for them. Bring on the hate! haha

Reaction Score
Yes espn such trash now- it’s like the TMZ of sports - they used show highlights all the time/ live games /classic games /etc. remember when SportsCenter was can’t miss every night when we were younger (even like 5-10 years ago) now it’s 1000 human interest pieces so everybody can get in their feelings. I mean I love sports so I still watch ESPN for the live games and on the off chance they show a highlight once in a while -and yes I know access to highlight is so much easier now via the Internet/phones etc. but just saying…. Not what it used to be.

Reaction Score
Not sure if it’s a google or iOS or NCAA issue but I hate googling the UConn score then clicking on it AND BEING BROUGHT TO THE NCAA HOMEPAGE
Btw “scoremobile” the best fastest app for scores NFL cbb cfb mlb nba etc. easy the scroll too waaaaayyy better than espn or sports line if u want pure up to date scores and ez quick access

Reaction Score
ESPN is terrible. They've been bad for a while now, hence the years and years of losing anchors/commentators, poor coverage choices and overall poor programming. For those of us that like to read into more than just the scores and major breaking news happening around the wide world of sports, without having to pay for a monthly subscription, imo it's just not a good place to go. I use CBS Sports, Bleacher Report, and NFL app for news. Just to clarify, it's not a user problem, and I have my favorite teams selected/pinned in the app but still have to seemingly pay for a lot of the content.

I imagine this may trigger some folks on here though since it's CT based and there's quite a few UCONN grads working for them. Bring on the hate! haha
A former roommate of mine worked there after college, and he said there were a lot more Syracuse grads than UConn grads. So screw 'em!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Just to clarify, it's not a user problem, and I have my favorite teams selected/pinned in the app but still have to seemingly pay for a lot of the content.
Just be clear: @jibsey 's inability to find the scores for which he is looking is 100% user problem, and that's the problem to which I was referring.

There are a thousand other ways I will, can and do burn money before paying a dollar for "premium" written sports content from them or any other source. I wouldn't call them "detestable" for trying to sucker people into paying for it though.

And as many have noted, there are plenty of legitimate reasons to call them that.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
sounds like you're experiencing a classic PICNIC problem which are historically hard to fix.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
BleacherReport

I help build the B/R app. We've got scores and gamecasts, and you can follow your favorite teams. Give it a try and feel free to PM me with any feedback. There are close to 40k subscribers to the UConn basketball team stream.

Reaction Score
Websites are harder to navigate than apps are. Theres a ton of good score apps that allow you to fully customize what scores you want to see

Reaction Score
BleacherReport
Busch Beer GIF by Busch

Reaction Score
A former roommate of mine worked there after college, and he said there were a lot more Syracuse grads than UConn grads. So screw 'em!
More grads from CSU (Central, Southern, Western, Eastern) than anywhere else. The Syracuse grads are often on air, which is why it seems worse.

Reaction Score
I just clicked on an article about college basketball winners and losers and it’s behind their pay portal. I also use them to check scores during the hoop season but if UCONN is not in the top 25 it’s a pain to even get a score without jumping through hoops. Is there a better site to get current game scores without a thousand clicks?
This is what it takes for you to realize BSPN is "detestable"?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Just be clear:

There are a thousand other ways I will, can and do burn money before paying a dollar for "premium" written sports content from them or any other source.
You don't get the Athletic? It's worth it.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
You don't get the Athletic? It's worth it.
I got it for one year when they had that ridiculously cheap offer for like $5. I canceled after that when they wanted a lot more to renew. It was fine but not worth that much to me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom