ESPN Is Detestable | The Boneyard

ESPN Is Detestable

Reaction Score
I just clicked on an article about college basketball winners and losers and it’s behind their pay portal. I also use them to check scores during the hoop season but if UCONN is not in the top 25 it’s a pain to even get a score without jumping through hoops. Is there a better site to get current game scores without a thousand clicks?

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
CBS Sports app works for me to get scores. Nothing special, but you can easily set up your fav teams, and you get scores easily. But there must be 100 other options.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The ESPN app is free and you can select your favorite teams and have their scores at the top of your page every time you open the app. You can also set your defaults for scores so that you see Top 25, certain conferences (e.g., Big East) or all.

This is not an ESPN problem; it’s a user problem.

Reaction Score
The ESPN app is free and you can select your favorite teams and have their scores at the top of your page every time you open the app. You can also set your defaults for scores so that you see Top 25, certain conferences (e.g., Big East) or all.

This is not an ESPN problem; it’s a user problem.
I tried to change it off top 25 but it always reverts back. I will try again. I admit to being bad with tech stuff.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I tried to change it off top 25 but it always reverts back. I will try again. I admit to being bad with tech stuff.
That makes the thead title questionable. But i certainly understand your frustration. ;)

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Not sure if it’s a google or iOS or NCAA issue but I hate googling the UConn score then clicking on it AND BEING BROUGHT TO THE NCAA HOMEPAGE

Reaction Score
ESPN is not the best site by far, but this is such a weird thing to be upset about. Just bookmark the UConn page on ESPN if you really want to go there a lot.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Is there a better site to get current game scores without a thousand clicks?
I've used this app for as long as I've had a smart phone. It has met nearly every need I have for learning scores, schedules, standings, and stats.
Screenshot_20210826-011120.png

Reaction Score
I find it pretty easy to get UConn scores because I watch the games as most fans on this board do

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
TheScore has a nice app where you can select favorite teams and easily find their scores or upcoming games. Plus you don't give ESPN any clicks or ad revenue by using it.

Reaction Score
I just clicked on an article about college basketball winners and losers and it’s behind their pay portal. I also use them to check scores during the hoop season but if UCONN is not in the top 25 it’s a pain to even get a score without jumping through hoops. Is there a better site to get current game scores without a thousand clicks?
Lmao you sound my dad who can’t figure out his phone to save his life. I will say ESPN sucks for other reasons, mainly not having any good writers in almost every sport (they used to though! Just fired everybody…).

btw, anyone else been able to get the espn+ content for free? I’ve been able to get it through the app for the past two years now but haven’t paid for it since?

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
BleacherReport

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score

You know you can setup your ESPN app to give you scores and alerts for teams you care about? It takes 10 mins once in your life and you have all the scores,news and highlights for the teams you care about.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom