ESPN Insider question | The Boneyard

ESPN Insider question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm not a football fan and a casual baseball fan. My big focus is on hoops and soccer. As far as hoops goes I have a real passion for the college game but also follow(and watch) quite a bit of the pro game. The price of an Insider subscription for 2 years seems very reasonable and includes 52 issues of the magazine. I guess I would like to know if the online Insider content(basketball and soccer) is worth the money. And if hoops gets adequate exposure in the magazine. I don't expect much soccer coverage. But I don't want to get a magazine that is dominated by football and baseball stuff. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Reaction Score
There is good stuff on hoops if you like details. You can get breaking news from twitter, but obviously a tweet doesn't tell you much. Insider will give you updates similar to twitter about rumors and that kind of thing, but will state sources and give details about the situation

Reaction Score
Honestly, most of the insider articles are rankings or predictions.

Reaction Score
ESPN the mag is full of crap too. It's way too cluttered

Reaction Score
Every other month or so, there's a deal to get ESPN the Magazine, with free Insider access, for about $4/year. That's what I got my current subscription for. I'll be on the lookout and post it the next time it comes around.

Reaction Score
yup. there is always a deal to get the mag real cheap. I do like the mag, the figured out a way to do a 26x a year mag and make it interesting. they do not write up reactions to what happens, but rather previews and big idea issues that delve into a certain topic or idea for the whole issue. hell, you got to read something in the bathroom, right?

I think the USMNT blog is insider protected, which will be nice to read once qualifying starts next summer

Reaction Score
Hey THANKS!!!! At that price I'm getting subscriptions for my son and a guy who works for me.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Thanks niner! Just ordered it.

How do you apply the magazine subscription to an insider account? Do I have to wait until I actually get the magazine in the mail?

Reaction Score
Hey THANKS!!!! At that price I'm getting subscriptions for my son and a guy who works for me.
No problem, glad I could help.

Thanks niner! Just ordered it.

How do you apply the magazine subscription to an insider account? Do I have to wait until I actually get the magazine in the mail?

Yeah, unfortunately you have to wait until you get your first issue. There's some numbers on the address label of your magazine that you enter on Espn.com to register your Insider account.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

I think insider is pretty ordinary, but for $4 per year, why not? If nothing else, you've got a years worth of toilet reading material. I'd pay $4 for that.

Reaction Score
ESPN the mag is full of crap too. It's way too cluttered

The magazine really sucks, takes me about 20 minutes to get through the entire thing. The articles are useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom