ESPN Insider Article on Drummond being #1 Pick | The Boneyard

ESPN Insider Article on Drummond being #1 Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I think we all feel this could happen. Enjoy watching his freshman year.

Reaction Score
He is such a physical beast, It'll be a fun ride this year

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
I am confident he will show energy and play hard. A very tough guy named Jim Calhoun will make sure he plays hard, or will sit him on the pine.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
I am confident he will show energy and play hard. A very tough guy named Jim Calhoun will make sure he plays hard, or will sit him on the pine.

What is the over/under on how long Drummond will stay on the floor his first game before Calhoun pulls him off the court and puts him on the bench in order to make a point from the start?! I set the over/under at 50 seconds! :)

Reaction Score
What is the over/under on how long Drummond will stay on the floor his first game before Calhoun pulls him off the court and puts him on the bench in order to make a point from the start?! I set the over/under at 50 seconds! :)
Over

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
i keep reading how raw he is. the videos i've seen look great but i think tall centers take longer to develop. guys like CArmelo, Kevin Durant, etc etc. come in and make a huge impact as freshmen. i think guards and wings can excel better, even forwards like Griffin. i'm not saying he won't be terrific, and i'm sure a guy like Howard woulda been great his first year.

Reaction Score
i keep reading how raw he is. the videos i've seen look great but i think tall centers take longer to develop. guys like CArmelo, Kevin Durant, etc etc. come in and make a huge impact as freshmen. i think guards and wings can excel better, even forwards like Griffin. i'm not saying he won't be terrific, and i'm sure a guy like Howard woulda been great his first year.
He's not polished but it doesn't mean he won't have an impact.......I believe he will play hard but there will be moments.

Reaction Score
The larger issue for AD.

Will the refs treat him like Chamberlain, allowing defenders to hang on him and hit him and impede him.

Or like Jordan, giving him every call and letting him knock people over and sending him to line if someone looks cross-eyed.

Lot's of times big guys don't get the call. But some do.

Reaction Score
I just want to see him block shots like a beast. I miss Thabeet's block parties...

Reaction Score
I think for all the reasons listed in the article (and the fact that he's even being considered at the #1 spot) shows that some people are being overly optimistic when they hope he stays for more than one season for any reason other than a new CBA.

Reaction Score
I think the fact that he chose to play for a guy like Calhoun should quiet a lot of questions surrounding his commitment to bball and his willingness to give high effort. There are plenty of schools he could've gone to where they would've just been happy to have him and he could've slacked. But he chose one of the toughest coaches in the country and the toughest conference.

Reaction Score
People worrying about his motor. ha. If he didn't want to go 100% he sure as hell wouldn't have committed here, probably woulda stayed dominating the prep circuit. As far as him being raw, what that mean? I've seen him hit flurries of turn around jumpshots and fade aways, some game winners. And we've all seen his highlights plucking boards out of mid air, and turning up court with intention to start a fast break, a la charles barkley. His post game needs SOME refinement, but who's doesn't coming out of HS...

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I think for all the reasons listed in the article (and the fact that he's even being considered at the #1 spot) shows that some people are being overly optimistic when they hope he stays for more than one season for any reason other than a new CBA.
The NBA contract is the main reason I put forth he could be two years. But there is also Harrison Barnes to consider who got as much press and hype as AD last season. So you never know. No matter what I'm glad he's here this season and will wait till the year is over about his future.

Reaction Score
AD will need to bring it to play in our current league. We are the closest to NBA ready than the other conferences. We play a tough brand of ball and to survive in the league and at UCONN you have game and JC will make sure you are in the game physically and mentally.AD had nothing to gain by staying in prep school. He had already dominated that arena. Uconn will give him the opportunity to grow into the NBA shoes. It's there for the taking and he appears to be the kind of kid who wants it.
I'm giddy as hell waiting for the season to begin. I got the screen saver of the team which brings a big smile to my face, and I get to brag every day to my ACC buds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom