ESPN - How UConn women's basketball went from promise to predicament in eight games | The Boneyard

ESPN - How UConn women's basketball went from promise to predicament in eight games

Reaction Score
This is the type of article that should be used to inspire our players to go out and kick butt.
Our predicament is that we have great players who are going to use the extra minutes ( because of injuries) to improve their games and show the world what they can do.
When our injured players return, the rest of Women's college basketball will be the ones in a predicament.

Reaction Score
When the going gets " tough" .... the tough get "going".
Stay the course, mutual support, be safe........ and
maybe an NCAA tournament with ( again ) no fans.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
So finally someone at ESPN comes clean and basically acknowledges that she is a diehard UConn fan. That is most obvious in her story about watching the Arkansas game on TV from Indiana because of a family commitment, but wishing she were there.

I don't think that is really surprising to anyone, but it is bound to be exploited by VolNation and others who see pro-UConn bias in all of ESPN's coverage of WCBB.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
So finally someone at ESPN comes clean and basically acknowledges that she is a diehard UConn fan. That is most obvious in her story about watching the Arkansas game on TV from Indiana because of a family commitment, but wishing she were there.

I don't think that is really surprising to anyone, but it is bound to be exploited by VolNation and others who see pro-UConn bias in all of ESPN's coverage of WCBB.
Barnes covered and interviewed Paige and Azzi before UConn. Natural she has a special affinity to the current UConn team.

Reaction Score
This is a super article. Extremely detailed. Well-written and (dare I say it) edited. I could read stuff like this all day.

Reaction Score
This is the type of article that should be used to inspire our players to go out and kick butt.
Our predicament is that we have great players who are going to use the extra minutes ( because of injuries) to improve their games and show the world what they can do.
When our injured players return, the rest of Women's college basketball will be the ones in a predicament.
Don’t get them started but I see your point …#CockyTalk

Reaction Score
Not sure of your point. If you felt it was negative about the team or players, I don't see it.
It's merely a recounting of a string of issues that have decimated a team expected to have difficulty satisfying players getting too few minutes.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score

This is true about VolNation, but all you have to do is look at the ESPN announcers and studio people. Except for Lobo, they are all SEC people. It looks like the SEC has taken over ESPN womens basketball coverage. This really bothers me, and with McNutt as the studio host, my god, who is running the show over there? FYI, you are talking about one person as a UConn fan, not the network. (Barnes)

Reaction Score
This is true about VolNation, but all you have to do is look at the ESPN announcers and studio people. Except for Lobo, they are all SEC people. It looks like the SEC has taken over ESPN womens basketball coverage. This really bothers me, and with McNutt as the studio host, my god, who is running the show over there? FYI, you are talking about one person as a UConn fan, not the network. (Barnes)
I thought McNutt was going to wet her pants on live tv during the halftime show during the UCLA game.

Reaction Score
Not sure of your point. If you felt it was negative about the team or players, I don't see it.
It's merely a recounting of a string of issues that have decimated a team expected to have difficulty satisfying players getting too few minutes.
Let me try again. Our "predicament" is that we are ranked #7....for just about 300 hundred teams in WCBB , would that be a bad situation to be in?
Our streaks, never losing to an unranked team, losing two in a row, etc... were made by other Uconn teams , not this one. To constantly point that these streaks could end, to me, is negative.
Our "Predicament" is solely the result of unforeseen injuries to key players, and when they return, our predicament will end.

Reaction Score
And back to promise after the Louisville game. If u are Louisville to you want to face UCONN in the NCAA’s after Page and the rest of the walking wounded are back. I think not.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom