ESPN gives UConn an 18% chance to beat Tulsa tonight | The Boneyard

ESPN gives UConn an 18% chance to beat Tulsa tonight

borninansonia

Neandertal
Reaction Score
The travel makes a difference. Tulsa has the advantage.

In a time when most universities are trying to reduce their CO2 emissions, it's insane that this team has to fly out to Oklahoma to play a mediocre opponent. There are plenty of mediocre opponents within 100 miles of UConn

Reaction Score
Kenpom says 34% and ESPN sucks, so I’ll take the extra 16% and cry in my cubicle thank you very much.

BPI has been more accurate on UConn this year and also factors in Gilberts injury more than KenPom does....

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Stupid percentage. At 18, why don't you say zero chance. Sounds better than 18. How do you figure out 18? Who knows what will happen. Before the tip off against WS, I said stranger things have happened. Well our boys lost. They seemed to have frequent flyer miles. Cupcake home stand. However after that? Probably Tulsa will go off on a three pointer barrage. Some player who never made a three ever, will go off with 4 of them. I cannot wait to see who starts tonight.

Reaction Score
This seems about right. UConn is awful and Tulsa has beat them 3 straight times at home.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Per NCAA Game Simulator, including Tulsa's home court advantage. The average score includes 133 sims.

Screen Shot 2018-01-03 at 11.09.25 AM.png

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We have never won there. It's a tough home court for them, and they are an experienced team. We are certainly the underdog, but we can win this game.

I am really interested to see if Kevin Ollie has the common sense not to start the same feeble lineup he started last week. Let's see Josh for DO, Diarra for Whaley and Vital for Anderson.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
I would be very happy with that result and that makes me feel sad. Not sure what to think about that or what that says...
It's called our "worst nightmare" come to fruition.

We are, and have been, BC Basketball, maybe UMass is a better comparison. Either way it's nauseating

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I'm sad to be concerned that if this were posted in the locker room it would depress the team and they'd play worse. Can't I just be completely wrong and watch them tear somebody apart? Please?

Reaction Score
It's called our "worst nightmare" come to fruition.

We are, and have been, BC Basketball, maybe UMass is a better comparison. Either way it's nauseating
St. John’s is better than we are, and that says it all.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Under Ollie we’ve been an awful road team.

I think we’re like 25-29 in true road games. That’s promising.

Reaction Score
BPI has been more accurate on UConn this year and also factors in Gilberts injury more than KenPom does....
Players with their # of games in red (injury) on Kenpom aren’t figured into matchup likelihoods. But my post wasn’t all that serious in nature either way.

Reaction Score
The travel makes a difference. Tulsa has the advantage.

In a time when most universities are trying to reduce their CO2 emissions, it's insane that this team has to fly out to Oklahoma to play a mediocre opponent. There are plenty of mediocre opponents within 100 miles of UConn

Insane ?!!?!? ROTFMLAO!!! For the sake of CO2. LOL. Indeed, there are lots of mediocre teams with 100 miles of UConn. Alas, there is one minor issue - conference affiliation. I'm sure we'd all like to see that one fixed.

Reaction Score
It's looking like if we rotate a lot of different bigs on Junior Etou and keep him in check the majority of the game we should be fine. I like the idea of Mamadou on him mostly though.

Will be interesting if Ollie resorts to playing zone again majority of the game, felt it was pretty effective.

Reaction Score
It's looking like if we rotate a lot of different bigs on Junior Etou and keep him in check the majority of the game we should be fine. I like the idea of Mamadou on him mostly though.

Will be interesting if Ollie resorts to playing zone again majority of the game, felt it was pretty effective.
Makes a lot of sense to me. It will do a better job keeping Diarra and Carlton out of foul trouble.

Reaction Score
Players with their # of games in red (injury) on Kenpom aren’t figured into matchup likelihoods. But my post wasn’t all that serious in nature either way.

Did he post that on a blog? I don't remember reading about that change.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom