ESPN finished their top 25 players for this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
LINK

UConn players take 1st, 3rd and 11th.

South Carolina players take 4th, 7th and 25th.

Tennessee players take 9th and 23rd.

California players take 14th and 18th.

No other school gets more than 1 player named.

By conference:

SEC: 6
PAC12: 4
B1G: 4
AAC: 3
ACC: 3
B12: 3
BE: 1
Other: 1

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Not a South Carolina fan, but its good to see a homestate (NC) player do well in college. Mitchell wasnt nearly as hyped as other top players in my state.... most recently Burdick and Jatarie White... so I had almost forgotten that she was from Charlotte when i heard her name mentioned at South Carolina. I just looked up Mitchell's ESPN hoopzgurlz rating..... and she was the #46 ranked player in the class of 2012.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Not a South Carolina fan, but its good to see a homestate (NC) player do well in college. Mitchell wasnt nearly as hyped as other top players in my state.... most recently Burdick and Jatarie White... so I had almost forgotten that she was from Charlotte when i heard her name mentioned at South Carolina. I just looked up Mitchell's ESPN hoopzgurlz rating..... and she was the #46 ranked player in the class of 2012.

Tiff has definitely out-performed her expectations. Of course, those recruiting services don't necessarily consider how well a player will fit into a coach's scheme, either.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Can't really argue much with their list. Fairly good job by them IMHO. You could bump a player or two up or down a tad, but it's so hard to account for players who may be the best on their team and score a ton, but not so great if you put them against a UCONN or ND who might well shut them down. Still, fun list!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I'm surprised not to see Ibiam from SC on the list anywhere. She will probably be a top 10 WNBA pick, IMO. I also suspect that Aja Wilson will end up being much more productive that a lot of the players on this list.

I will not be surprised to see Niya Johnson lead the nation in assists as well as assist to TO ratio. If she can score 10 points a game she should be in the conversation, also.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
KML should be #2, she has out-performed Loyd in games head to head!

Lloyd is the second best player in the nation. Here athleticism sets her apart from everyone other than Stewart.

I would put Welch higher than 7.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I'm surprised not to see Ibiam from SC on the list anywhere. She will probably be a top 10 WNBA pick, IMO. I also suspect that Aja Wilson will end up being much more productive that a lot of the players on this list.

I will not be surprised to see Niya Johnson lead the nation in assists as well as assist to TO ratio. If she can score 10 points a game she should be in the conversation, also.

They already put two SC forwards in the top 25. There's not nearly enough minutes to go around to have four forwards from South Carolina in the top 25. I see they are playing Wilson at the 3 and officially promoting the fiction that she is a guard in the box score, but still.

I think they chose the right two based on the numbers. Coates put up better numbers than Ibiam in less minutes.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Hmmmm..... just thought of this. A senior who last year lead the nation's best conference in both scoring and rebounding.... and she doesnt even make this list ?? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom