ESPN Final 2019 Recruiting Rankings | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ESPN Final 2019 Recruiting Rankings

Reaction Score
In WBB today, I think every coach, with the exception of Tara, for the reasons I outlined, struggles to keep players from transferring, because players want to play. That includes Geno, Dawn Jeff, Kim, MM and so on. The last time Geno was able to graduate a 4 yr class of 4 or more really good basketball players was 17 years ago, when Sue, Swin, Asa & Tamika all started as part of a National Championship team, earned AA status and were all drafted in the top 6 spots by the W. The key was that they all played.

I’m not knocking Dawn. She’s one of the best coaches in the country, but like just about every other coach in the country, she’s got to manage transfers, both in and out. If she stops recruiting for a year or so, and stops accepting transfers for a similar period, maybe she’ll keep everyone happy...maybe. More likely is that she will continue to recruit additional players and take transfers next year and beyond. In the end, some will leave and some will stay.

I understand your reasoning and yes no program is safe from transfer, especially in this day and age. I just don’t see reason for players to up and leave when playing time will be plentiful. I’m sure she’ll take more recruits and transfers but I doubt they’ll be one who’ll railroad the 2019 class. She’ll likely build around them like Geno did with Stewie’s class.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I understand your reasoning and yes no program is safe from transfer, especially in this day and age. I just don’t see reason for players to up and leave when playing time will be plentiful. I’m sure she’ll take more recruits and transfers but I doubt they’ll be one who’ll railroad the 2019 class. She’ll likely build around them like Geno did with Stewie’s class.
As info, following Stewie’s class, Geno brought in 1 recruit the following year. The next two years he brought in 4 recruits (2 transferred out) & 3 recruits (1 transferred out) + 2 walk-ons & 1 inbound transfer.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So I thought we would have gotten 2020 expanded to 100 in this release. When should we expect that to happen?

Reaction Score
Please don't count me among "them". Dawn is from Philly so I'm always have her back. Henderson might have played very little point guard last year but that was because you had a very good PG in Harris. Henderson and Cooke in both HS and USA basketball were PGs. Cooke especially needs the ball to be effective because her best skill is getting to the rim. Neither player is a good enough shooter to play off the ball IMO.

Of course you know I wasn’t counting you among them. I know your very fond of Dawn, I was simply saying some others aren’t. I do respect your opinion as you are one of the more knowledgeable minds on this board. However I think your selling Cooke and Henderson a bit short. Destanni shot 38% from 3 as a freshman trying to adjust to the college game. I think that’s pretty good. Zia shot above 40% from 3 for her high school career, and although she didn’t shoot well in the All Star games, she can definitely knock them down with her feet set. It’s all puzzle pieces Dawn will have to put together.

Reaction Score
So I thought we would have gotten 2020 expanded to 100 in this release. When should we expect that to happen?

Likely after August when AAU has concluded.

Reaction Score
As info, following Stewie’s class, Geno brought in 1 recruit the following year. The next two years he brought in 4 recruits (2 transferred out) & 3 recruits (1 transferred out) + 2 walk-ons & 1 inbound transfer.

And out of all that he got 2 NDPOYs, 3 First Team All Americans, and 4 first round draft picks. Seems like great players to use as building blocks to me. :D

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
And out of all that he got 2 NDPOYs, 3 First Team All Americans, and 4 first round draft picks. Seems like great players to use as building blocks to me. :D
No doubt. My point is simply that not every recruit pans out and transfers are always in play no matter who you are.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
It is the UCONN effect. Same thing happened to Kelly Faris. "Oh! UCONN wants her?! Hmmm, let's have a another look at her."

I'm not so sure of that. She had been moving up steadily after returning from the knee surgery and then had a great summer with USA basketball and a dominant run in the state tourney in high school.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom