ESPN Feature article on Sue | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ESPN Feature article on Sue

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I've seen that before, pretty cool video. I think it came out before the beginning of the '16-'17 season. Seems like a mutual admiration society.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
The article really does a fine job of painting a picture of Sue Bird. The gender preference thing does not come as a surprise. However, I don't know how many remember this, but early in her pro career she was linked publicly as an item with a male pro athlete; his name escapes me now. Then poof. To say she's an opposite of her girlfriend is an understatement.

Strong person. Leader. Fearless. One of my sports' heroines.

It was Mike Bibby, Henry's son, who played for the U. of Arizona and later in the NBA.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
As former teammate Swin Cash says, "Sue and 'controversy' never mixed. She wasn't going to say certain things in the media.

Well, except for that spanking thing all those years ago. (a bet she would have won anyway)

Reaction Score
Day is coming very soon when there won't be any more "coming out" because no one will have to think of themselves as "being in" in order to "come out." And on that issue (as well as so many others), Boneyard is an awesome place to hang.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Sue Bird is simply an icon. I hope she plays several more years.
How good is Sue Bird? UConn down 1 with 20 seconds to play. Even if Dee, Maya and Stewie are on the court, you want the ball in Sue's hands.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Sue and Megan seem happy....for the most part, whenever Sue is at a UConn game they are together. I am happy for Sue. Sue Bird is a great person.....if she isn't playing overseas or during seasons breaks, she gives back to UConn by training with the teams.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
How good is Sue Bird? UConn down 1 with 20 seconds to play. Even if Dee, Maya and Stewie are on the court, you want the ball in Sue's hands.
I'm comfortable with her taking the shot too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom