ESPN: Durr leads US U-16 to title | The Boneyard

ESPN: Durr leads US U-16 to title

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Durr has 4 letters. Bird has 4 letters. Her name should fit on a certain wall very nicely.

I vaguely recall another top-ranked player from the Atlanta area. I think she conquered China and the World in recent years.

I really want this kid. Geno can make her into our Olympic point guard.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Durr has 4 letters. Bird has 4 letters. Her name should fit on a certain wall very nicely.

I vaguely recall another top-ranked player from the Atlanta area. I think she conquered China and the World in recent years.

She's really really good.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
If good things come in threes or if there is any truth to some old adage about some significance in a name (jeez, what a slow off-season does to the mind of a bored Boneyarder!):

Bria (!), Brianna (!), Breanna (!!).​
Asja (!), A'ja (?), Asia (??)​

But only one Diana.

Or Maya.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Man, a 50-17 run to end the final against Canada. That sounds positively UConnish.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Asia has a UConn look. I swear there is one....

JS

Reaction Score
Have we conceded Samuelson to Stanford?
No.

This time the Stanford player's
younger sister who "really likes
UConn" won't be snatched away.

I have faith.

peanutsnever-1.jpg

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Man, a 50-17 run to end the final against Canada. That sounds positively UConnish.

UConnish? IceBear, JS, help me out. Isn't Uconnish that radio/tv talk show host in Philadelphia who occasionally pinch-hits for Chris Matthews on MSNBC?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Have we conceded Samuelson to Stanford?
Not at all. It's a 3-horse race with UConn, ND, and Stanford. Lou is by a fair amount the best player of the group, a kid with Olympic potential. Her goals may be different.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score

Dude, you're really reaching with your past-future connections if all we've got is a four-letter last name and the fact she's from Atlanta...:)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Dude, you're really reaching with your past-future connections if all we've got is a four-letter last name and the fact she's from Atlanta...:)
Ok, she has Stewie-like skills and is the top rated HS player as were Stewie, Kaleena, Maya, Tina, Diana, and Tamika, at least.

Reaction Score
The blue and white sweatpants Asia Durr is wearing in the ESPN photo is a good look for her. Those fine colors really suit Asia. Fingers crossed we get A'ja ('14) and Asia ('15) as they are true game changers.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Alex, you have failed to notice that Durr's last contains not just four letters but those four letters are vowels and consonants AND not just vowels and consonants but precisely 1 vowel and 3 consonants. This is irrefutable.

Reaction Score
I'll have to catch some St. Pius games this year...Asia sounds like quite a show!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I'll have to catch some St. Pius games this year...Asia sounds like quite a show!
A'ja. There are so many misspellings lately most folks probably don't know the right spelling anymore. We need to get it right.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
A'ja. There are so many misspellings lately most folks probably don't know the right spelling anymore. We need to get it right.
Asia, get it right.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
The spelling I see is Asia Durr.
Yes, it is I shifted it to A'Ja Wilson. Could have used Asjha Jones. Kib, listed different spellings. The standard Asia would be the third spelling at UCONN for a relatively rare name pronounced like the continent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom