ESPN: Does UConn have what it takes to go back to back | The Boneyard

ESPN: Does UConn have what it takes to go back to back

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wouldn't have imagined 56% of viewers think UConn will repeat. Impressive. UConn has gotten a lot of (well deserved) love this year.
We are getting a lot of hype this year. I think that influences it. Bets against the field are always a fools bet. It's unclear weather the results indicate a huge amount of confidence in Connecticut, or people who don't really understand the mass behind that wager.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I watched the game yesterday with a slew of Nova fans/alumni and they all agreed UConn is the team to beat this year.

And before that, they were all cheering on Wake to beat Duke so I felt weirdly at home. #11 for Wake is a local kid so they were all rooting him on. I, of course, just like to see Duke go down under any circumstances…

Reaction Score
We definitely have what it takes. Our offense could come from 5 different guys in 5 different ways. Our defense, when DC is on the floor, is elite.

I think we’re in a position that we haven’t been in for a long time. At this point in the season we don’t need to clean anything up or have major improvements to make. We have the formula, we just need to execute it for the next 6 or so weeks

Clingan needs to stay on the floor and control the paint. Shooters need to make shots. Nothing that they haven’t proven they can do. Just have to go out and do it. Stay disciplined, make it to the second weekend, and it’s all house money from there

Reaction Score
The most significant fact that tilts the percentages UConn's way is that, if they are a 1 seed in the East, they get favorable Brooklyn and Boston venues. Given that UConn has only been vulnerable in true road games, only Arizona playing in Arizona would make it tough. UConn is also pretty good to boot.

Reaction Score
Didn't see this posted yet.

Should I know who this Lyles kid is? I had no idea ESPN had hired my stoner cousin to provide analysis on Countdown to Gameday but kudos to him for finally getting a decent job.

Reaction Score
Defense gives us that chance and we can’t have a defensive effort like what happened at Creighton or the season is over. We don’t have to have everyone hitting their 3’s. One guy can be off like last night.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom