ESPN coverage of college basketball is garbage | The Boneyard

ESPN coverage of college basketball is garbage

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
standings

Case in point: they still have last year's standings on their website, and the season starts tomorrow. Tell me you don't care without telling me you don't care.

Personally, I prefer CBS Sports coverage. Better writers, and they act like they have more skin in the game.

Reaction Score
standings

Case in point: they still have last year's standings on their website, and the season starts tomorrow. Tell me you don't care without telling me you don't care.

Personally, I prefer CBS Sports coverage. Better writers, and they act like they have more skin in the game.
It's not a college basketball thing, it's like that for every sport. Once there are actual games played the standings will show the current season

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
It's not a college basketball thing, it's like that for every sport. Once there are actual games played the standings will show the current season
I don't think so. I'm pretty sure the college football standings were updated well in advance.

Reaction Score
I don't think so. I'm pretty sure the college football standings were updated well in advance.
That would surprise me, but maybe. ESPN is terrible with their website showing an updated date but actually having outdated rankings, like with the NET rankings in season

Reaction Score
standings

You do see that there is a tab for you to pick the season? They do have a 2023/2024 tab, but no info yet. My guess is you will be able to see 2023/2024 on Tuesday after the first games.

Reaction Score
They’re all about NFL coverage this time of year. They turn the page to college hoops week after Super Bowl. Maybe check back then.

Reaction Score
Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
All forms of ESPN cover football - college and pro - religiously. Even during the NFL off-season, they devote a larger potion of their coverage to NFL.

Reaction Score
standings

I'll bite. Why would you click on a link labeled "standings" before the season starts?

If this is something that bothers you seriously enough to publicly comment upon it, you have a truly great life.

Reaction Score
ESPN is ancient. I follow Bleacher Report. Real time updates, interesting perspectives, and a ton of coverage.

Reaction Score
I prefer reading The Athletic rather than listening to the talking heads on ESPN or elsewhere. The publication provides balanced coverage of most sports and the writing is generally excellent.

Reaction Score
I honestly had no idea but thanks Shizzle for filling me in on this useful information.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
I don't know who likes to listen to a bunch of loud opinionated dudes try to talk over each other but it's not me. I am not the target audience for ESPN programming apparently.

Reaction Score
ESPN is the worst sports service. For all sports. It’s all just vibes and hot takes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom