Espn: chaotic uconn program | The Boneyard

Espn: chaotic uconn program

Status
Not open for further replies.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I don't see a problem with that article at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
You don't think that he went overboard stressing how bleak things are for uconn right now? Big east is still even without cuse and ville a strong bball league. Uconn even on probation and understaffed is still practically a top 25 team ( literally, though I don't mean to suggest that it is deserved ). It seems that his thesis is this - uconn should sign Ollie long-term because the prospects are bleak and they cannot do any better.

Reaction Score
I don't see anything wrong w/ that article... What exactly is going well for UConn bball right now? We're on probation, we have un-UConn like roster, we can't recruit b/c we don't know who the coach is going to be, we're in a conference that is dying on a daily basis, and the University has not helped with their inaction over the years.

Reactions: THC

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You don't think that he went overboard stressing how bleak things are for uconn right now? Big east is still even without cuse and ville a strong bball league. Uconn even on probation and understaffed is still practically a top 25 team ( literally, though I don't mean to suggest that it is deserved ). It seems that his thesis is this - uconn should sign Ollie long-term because the prospects are bleak and they cannot do any better.

He did not mention a recent elite 8 by men's soccer, or that the WBB machine keeps on and is stronger than in the last few years. Nor did he mention a huge hockey upgrade.

We do sit in a precarious spot. We need to get back to the top 25 (tonight) and reinforce the message that we aren't going away.

So it was too bleak, but otherwise accurate.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
The only part that I didn't think was fair was mentioning Calhoun maybe coming back. I think they are making way too much of a couple quotes that most likely aren't really related.

The rest about the contract and the conference is fair.

Reaction Score
My biggest beef was from the tweet he quoted. Our postseason ban won't affect any recruits. The ban will be over before they arrive.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
It seems that his thesis is this - uconn should sign Ollie long-term because the prospects are bleak and they cannot do any better.

I think his point is that it would lock down one element of the chaos. UConn as an athletics program has a lot up in the air right now, and one less thing would probably be good.

Reaction Score
Warde needs to grant Ollie a real contract so he can do his job. Calhoun needs to give Ollie some breathing room. I know Calhoun loves UConn and loves Ollie, but if he isn't the AD, then he is beginning to squeeze te puppy to death so to speak.

Calhoun as AD? Hmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32